Towing & Hauling

How to find out if I have a tow package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to find out if I have a tow package?

I have had my 99 F150 ORP for about 4 months. I bought it used and the guy who had it before me didnt keep the window sticker. How would i know what my truck came with.... i.e rear end ratio, tow package, ect ect?

Any ideas?

Old 11-20-2001, 12:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Codes on the drivers door jamb will tell you some things. An Axle code of H9 is a 3.55 Limited Slip, and TR : 'E' is the 4R100 trans. If it's a "true" ORP, then it'll have the 17" aluminum wheels and skid plates on the gas tank and transfer case. Tow package comes with a class IV reciever hitch and a 7 pin connector.

Old 11-20-2001, 04:46 PM
Have a Ford dealer run your vin number to check. They can also reprint the factory window sticker.

In addition to what Mitch said, with the towing package you also get the transmission cooler - small radiator in front of the standard radiator. Also, you get the heavy duty battery and alternator. Check the owners manual for details.

Old 11-25-2001, 10:11 AM
Thanks alot for the info...I did some searching and the axle code is an H9 and the TR is "u".

I do have the transmission cooler and skid plates and 17" tires.

So I am assuming that i have the tow package and the ORP.

I think i will goto Ford for that window sticker, maybe I am being um....****? but i think the window sticker belongs with the truck.

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: How to find out if I have a tow package?