Towing & Hauling

Installed Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Installed Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors

Hi

This maybe of interest if your looking for a larger tow mirror.

My truck 99SC F250LD....looks like F-150.

The install was fairly simple. Just follow the instructions. Naturally the second mirror goes on alot quicker.

They are bigger than the OEM. So the new look will take abit getting used to, but dont think their too overpowering.

I got the plain mirrors. Never did like the RH Convex(passenger)side mirror. I like to see the actual true object. I think convex is available.

In standard position, they extend out approx: 3" more than OEM.
In the extended (tow) positions approx: 4 1/4" more. My TT only 7'3"wide so more than enough, also should make a big difference on 8ft wides.

The mirrors swing forward/backward which allows for tight spots.
I have manual, but elect. & heated are available.

The mirror is approx: 9 1/4" X 10 1/4" (not square) The corners are slightly rounded like OEM. Mirror is adjustable.

You get a full view of mirror on the drivers side, however, there is a slight obstruction to the bottom left corner of the RH mirror. This due to the mirrors extending lower than OEM.(door-window frame) Guess thats why on the Super Duties, if you notice on ones with tow mirrors, theres a curve in the door-window frame for complete view of that mirror. A minor issue but......

I did find out, if i stretched my neck and leaned over i could see the complete mirror. In extended (tow) position, there was no obstruction. A taller person might see the entire mirror without leaning over. I do use the small convex bubbles (round-stick on), so will just go to a larger size, which actually for me is alot better anyway. Couldnt use bigger one before because OEM mirrors to small. Not the case now.

It appears to be a quality product and comes with a lifetime warranty. So for those looking for a bigger & better tow mirror, and those just wanting a better view, this seems to be the answer. So now Ford cant thumb there noses, saying only our big brothers, the super duties can have tow mirrors. HA Amazing how Ford looses money & then leaves money on the table.

As posted earlier, they do not fit screws or expeditions. I asked the Mfg. they said that was correct & didnt know if they would be available in the future? I told them to get with it. HA

No, i dont work for Lucerix. Took the time here, cause these are not cheap. I think in Canada, there even more.

Hope this helps out. Their site lucerix.com or 800 295-3703

Have a good one. OT

Old 08-20-2001, 01:09 PM
Thanks, I've been thinking about getting a set myself. Did you get them online, mail order or local and hwo much $$$?

Old 08-20-2001, 05:01 PM
Hi Tiger

Ordered over phone. Manual 330. plus s&h.

I was using the add-on tow mirrors that slip onto end of OEM, but man thats sure confusing, looking at two mirrors. Then, sometimes the mirror would drop down from weight of add-on, so no more of that.

Now i got 2 old sets sitting on shelf. Oh well, nothing new.

Good luck. O t

Old 08-21-2001, 12:15 AM
Thanks

Old 08-21-2001, 05:35 PM
Thumbs up

Update:

Corrected that slight obstruction on the lower left corner of RH (passenger) mirror.

Added 4" round (convex) stick on. Its adjustable, so you can turn it around to suit you. Just what that mirror needed. I positioned it just hi enough, i can see complete stick on, (no obstructions) Didnt put one on drivers side, dont think i need it cause mirror so big.

Decided to keep my truck, more mods. to come.

O T

Quick Reply: Installed Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors