Which fuse is sync?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which fuse is sync?

Hey all -

Hoping you can help me with 2 questions:

1) My Sync system stopped working (completely) today. Nothing. I hit the aux button on my radio and it reverts back to FM stations, there's no phone prompts, and basically, I've got no sync whatsoever. After a little research it appears that (shockingly) I'm not the first to experience this and (luckily) there are several simple solutions. I'm going with the "remove the fuse" option before I try the "remove the black battery cable" option, but want to make sure I pull the right fuse. I've seen two references - one to fuse #13 and one to fuse #2. Which one is it? I have a 2011 XTL supercab F150.

Also, this is normally something I would get from the owners manual, but my truck didn't come with one. When I asked the dealer about it, I was told that the newer trucks don't have them?? Struck me as odd, but then again, I'm here on an online forum that didn't exist back when I bought my last two cars!

Oh, and if it ISN'T fuse #13 (which I pulled already), is the world going to come to an end when I put it back in?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I think its fuse #2 in the passenger right hand side kick panel....

Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Edit:

Well, I answered both of my own questions - Funny, I searched forever before I came here and asked the question, then continued searching and found exactly what I needed immediately. LOL, typical.

Anyway, for others in the same predicament - It is Fuse #2 in the fusebox on the passenger side (under the glovebox). And the manual can be found here:

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...rd&model=F-150

and the fuse box layout can be found here:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../11f12og1e.pdf

Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
I think its fuse #2 in the passenger right hand side kick panel....
Bingo - thanks!

Quick Reply: Which fuse is sync?