Sync = NO sound with texts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync = NO sound with texts

I just upgraded from 2006 to 2013 F150 and really like the sync, however since I synced my playlist with it from my Iphone4 now every time I get in the truck with Bluetooth on I don't get any noise when my texts come through. I also have my phone set to make "typing" noise while I text myself and it is gone too. I have to shut my phone off and back on before it turns the sound back on. Any ideas how to fix this because I like the hands free phone stuff but I am missing text messages. Thanks!!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM
If you system is not on Bluetooth audio you will not hear text when your phone hooks up. To solve this, when you phone is connects to sync double tap the home button and bring up the app switcher. Next scroll left past the audio and you will see a little box with a triangle on top. Hit the box and you will see sync or iPhone, hit iPhone and you will hear your text like you always do. The sync system will still work when a call comes in and it will mute the radio. Hope it helps

Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
GREAT 1st Post!! Worked perfectly thanks a ton!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
This works great but I have to do it every time I get in my truck. Is this normal or is there another setting I need to change?

Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Unless you are using Bluetooth audio, you have to do it every time. The default setting is Bluetooth. Sorry. It is what it is.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't have an I phone but with my Samsung Galaxy 3, it wasn't working either. (First make sure that your phone is the default phone for the vehicle and your bluetooth is turned on ) I found that I had to scroll through the phone menu and the Message alert mode was off. I turned it on and now it works. I can read and hear my text messages through the truck. Not sure if that is your issue but it's what worked for me.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:22 PM
I have messed with it a little more and it seems to be working normally for me at this point. Not sure what I did or if it will change again but at this point it seems to me good. Thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Sync = NO sound with texts