Windows Mobile vs. Android

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Windows Mobile vs. Android

I have a Galaxy Note (personal phone) and a WinMo phone (work). I've paired both with my Sync and am blown away by the additional functionality with Windows Mobile!

It honestly scared me the other day when my winmo phone started reading my text to me - aloud - with my wife and kiddo in the vehicle. It was a text from a co-worker with some 'interesting' language in it about a work situation. I had no idea it'd do that!

Now... how in the world do I get my Android to have this functionality?!?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What Windows are you using? I have WP8 and can not get it to read texts, it always says this is not supported. I am trying to get the latest Sync updates loaded into the truck but what a royal pain it is.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to let the phone read the texts to you and not try to have the Sync unit read the texts. On the phone you can go into settings and then speech and tell it to read aloud incoming messages. I have a Nokia 820 with WP8 and this works great. I set it to Bluetooth only and it will pause music, ask me if I want the message read and give me the option of calling the person back. It won't do speech to text to reply though but given the state of the art in that area I'm happy not to deal with that.

I think the Sync unit will only read/compose messages for you if you have an iPhone.

Last edited by tgoodhew; 02-28-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Windows Mobile vs. Android