Any must have Android apps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any must have Android apps?

I'll admit im not the most tech savy guy in the world. Ive read the Sync guide a 100 times and am learning a little bit more about my phone/truck abilities slowly.

I have a Droid X2 and would like to know what you guys think are some must have apps.

I was able to stream Slacker radio through the trucks audio system. Looking to do turn by turn directions as well, but that looks like it has a steep learning curve for me.

Any online tutorials or advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Pandora... awesome alternative to satellite and, for me, works better than other radio apps. Its free and you tell it what you like, its like custom radio.

GPS... google maps has a little nav button and it works better than my Tom Tom. Just look up a place you wanna go and hit that little guy; its like magic.

FB

Old 12-19-2011, 11:21 AM
I am a 60 y/o retiree, just so you know I'm no techno-wizard either. But here are some of the Android apps I really like:

1. Speedview - gives real-time speed, direction, altitude, g-force, and other cool info. Also has a "Head-Up" display feature like available in Corvettes, but I find it unusable in daytime due to screen resoultion. Might be great at night.

2. Tiny flashlight. Comes in handy in the dark.

3. Tapatalk - handy for surfing forums that have the compatability

4. Easy Tune guitar tuner. As a beggining guitar picker, it's a handy way to keep the guitar in tune.

Here's a couple I bought, and find useless (for me). Neither are as good as the Google Maps that come with the Droid:
1. Backcountry maps
2. GAIA GPS system

I am still searching for a map app that provides sufficient detail for forest-road excursions in National Forests and similar areas.

CW

Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Besides the ones already stated some of my favorites are:

1: The bubba army app. I can listen to bubba the love sponge live in the mornings since they won't play him here anymore.

2: Words with friends is a great game

3: Geocache. This is a cool thing that I've recently come across. It's like a real life scavenger hunt that uses gps and google maps to help you find where all of these little items are.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I love "AllTrails" it shows a listing of trails in your area and shows a map of the trail and also tells what activities are offered (fishing, hiking, canoeing, etc). Some trails even have pictures that users have taken while on the trail.

Quick Reply: Any must have Android apps?