3" Body lift with Stock Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3" Body lift with Stock Exhaust??

I am preparing to install my 3" PA Body lift, and wondered if anyone did anything to raise the stock exhaust up so it didn't look funny, after installing a body lift? I just don't want the stock exhaust hanging down there by itself. Can I just rebend one or more of the mounting brackets?

Eventually I will put duals out the back and that should fix everything. But for now I was looking for a quick fix. TIA

Kory

Old 11-26-2002, 12:42 PM
kev
Well the only real way to do it is to put on a new tailpipe. You can try bending brackets but I think it will put a large amount of strain on the pipes.

I know what you mean though, I slammed my tailpipe down onto a rock when off roading. I am just glad I had the body lift or it would have hit the bed for sure.

Oh and dual out the backs won't help much in offroading. Chances are you will bottom them out before you bottom out the side exit one. I don't know how many times I hit my hitch against the dirt.

It all depends what you want to use your truck for. I have been thinking about the lightning style side exit before the rear wheel.

kev

Old 11-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't decided what I will do with my stock exhaust. I too, have been thinking about "adjusting" the hangers to raise it up a little. Maybe if I can raise it a little and add an exhaust tip it won't look as bad.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the responses. I haven't decided what I am going to do with the exhaust yet, but eventualy it will bug me enough to do something about it. The kit is here, but I still have about 8,000 miles to go on my warranty (maybe I wont wait for that to expire). But I will wait for a warm weekend, so I don't freeze my a$$ off.

Hey Kev, I think I told you this before, but I was back and forth about the body lift until I saw your truck. Then I was sold! Your truck is a great looking truck. Still everytime I see your signiture I go to your picture site and drool. I can't wait for mine to be done. Nice Truck!!!

Old 11-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The body lift will not affect your warranty in any way. My dealer even agreed that I would be better off with a body lift since it would not affect anything and a suspension lift would void my warranty on my suspension. Good luck with the lift!

Old 12-03-2002, 09:06 AM
kev
Originally posted by Kory
Hey Kev, I think I told you this before, but I was back and forth about the body lift until I saw your truck. Then I was sold! Your truck is a great looking truck. Still everytime I see your signiture I go to your picture site and drool. I can't wait for mine to be done. Nice Truck!!!
Thanks bud. You can't beat the look of the 3" body and 35s for the price! Good luck in the installation.

kev

Old 12-03-2002, 03:40 PM
hey,seems like thats a common problem with a lift. i have the flairside and already had the side exhaust in front of the rear tire.the problem i had was with discoloring of my after market rims,so i had the pipe replace after my lift and exited out the side behind the tire. cost me about 50 bucks for the new pipe and hanger with install. they do look so much better with the lift and the 35's

Quick Reply: 3" Body lift with Stock Exhaust??