1" Coil Spacer Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1" Coil Spacer Lift?

I got hold of some 1" coil spacers from Energy Suspension. They are made of urethane and appear to locate under the coil. The goal here is to pick up the truck a bit in front to level it some (I realize it will not sit perfectly flat w/ only 1") My questions are:

1) does anyone have a 1" coil spacer lift on their truck that’s made of urethane (not the cheap rubber spacers) and do you, on the whole, like it?

2) Did you have to drop the upper or lower A arm to get it in, or did you just compress the spring w/ strut compressors and slide it in there? (What I’m wondering is if the spring can be compressed enough to do that w/o removing the A arm)

3) Did you find that a 1" spacer affected the ride? I hear some guys saying that these will make it ride super stiff, but these are the same guys trying to sell me a spindle lift, so I take it with a grain of salt. (A 3" spindle lift won’t work for me as I have to park in Los Angeles parking garages and that’ll make it too tall.)

Finally, I plan to put Rancho RSX shocks on it–anyone have a similar combo? If so how’s it ride?

Quick Reply: 1" Coil Spacer Lift?