new '03 shocks question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new '03 shocks question.

i got the 03 with the fx4 package.
i was told the shocks are nothing more than stock with the ranchero logo on them but i'm assuming there at the least a touch better.

in any case, when i am driving i can literary feel every bump on the road. i know it is not a Lexus but i expected (or at least hoped) for a some what of a smooth ride on the freeways....

by the way, i have LT 265/70R17 Goodyear tires (the stock ones)

thanks in advance

Old 11-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a link to a thread that I started a couple of weeks ago about the FX4 shocks that should answer your question about them.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=94462

If you want a somewhat smoother ride, (but still remember this is a 4x4 truck), put some sandbags in the bed above the axle. That will help with the bed bouncing around. I usually carry about 600lbs in the winter for traction and notice a big difference in the ride.

Old 11-12-2002, 09:20 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, Ford specs, but Rancho makes them. Rancho aftermarket are much better. I haven't ridden in any FX4 truck, but my 99ORP rode pretty good until about 35k miles when the shocks were worn out. I now have some RS9000's and love them.

Yes, a little weight smooths out the ride, but weight is the enemy for acceleration, braking, and handling.

Quick Reply: new '03 shocks question.