How do you crank Torsion bars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb How do you crank Torsion bars?

I want to crank the torsion bars so as to raise the front about an inch. There are two vertical bolts/tube that attaches the torsion bars the Front yoke but when I lengthened those by putting some nuts, it did not do what I wanted. I must be using the wrong method. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 10-03-2002, 12:28 AM
There should be two vertical bolts on the crossmember that the rear of the torsion bars are connected to. All you have to do is tighten those bolts. Be sure to lift the front of the truck first or you might strip the bolts. Let me know if you have any questions or if it doesnt work out for you.

Old 10-03-2002, 01:16 AM
Question vertical bolts

Yes thats' what I did but mine has a bolt going thru the tube which determines the length / distance of the torsion bar to the wishbone arm. I added a nut at the end of the tube to lengthen it and the bolt barely had enough thread left to install back. So I either get a longer tube and bolt or forget the whole thing. I am not sure if the stock is like this or it came with the lift kit?
Thanks for the help
Alex

Old 10-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Lose the extra nut, re-install the bolt and crank it tighter than it was originally.
That should do it, although some don't seam to have much adjustment left from the factory. Hope thats not your' case.

Quick Reply: How do you crank Torsion bars?