Ball joints etc,etc...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ball joints etc,etc...

Trying to change the front shocks I punctured the cvjoint cover, when I took it to the mechanic for it to be replaced, I found out the upper and lower ball joints at both sides are totally worn, the inner and outer tie rod ends are also worn, not to mention the pittman arm.

With only 35000k in my odo, how can this happen, they were ready to break loose at any time, luckily I had the mishap with the cvbooth, instead of going with ford original maintenance free ball joints and tie rod ends I went with Moog aftermarket ball joints and tie rods, they came with grease fittings , they look more stronger than the BS ford parts.

Gentlemen, take a closer look at your front end, two weeks ago I had wheel alignment and asked the mech. to check the front end, everything looked good, like I mentioned earlear if I did not have the booth mishap I would have had a bad accident, I like driving my truck to the extreames sometimes, thank god...

Old 07-11-2002, 04:45 PM
hello dragonboy.
Was just going to write some about ball joints ,before i had ranger and had to change all 4 of those ball joints every year cause of big tires they wear out quikly,but it was no problem it cost 100$ now i just came from my dealer and the complet set in f150 cost me 500$,, i said whattta f####k and the guy told me that in the newer models i can´t buy only the ball joints i have to buy the whole set and that is the future in this buissnes,,

What does it cost in USA the complet set???
Greetings Röggi..

Old 07-11-2002, 05:20 PM
roggi iceland

Thats true what the dealer said, but, in my case I had the upper control arms replaced, the lower are easear , just the ball joints.

I went online for shopping didnt have them locally, part of what I purchased was with www.rockauto.com and www.expressautoparts.com if Iam not mistaken the first ship international, I had them ship overnite, had parts by 0930 from both sellers.

Hope you find what you need.

Quick Reply: Ball joints etc,etc...