Pics Of my ride...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys answer something for me as my brain must be really cloudy tonight. Ok those of us who lift our 4X4's do it with either a body or a suspension lift.
With the 3inch (the ever so popular PA) most people are running a 305/70/16 or somewhere close to the 33in range. A few are even running a 315 or in the 35in bracket. So just cosidering the cost of the list most have less than 500 invested and are running 35's.
Then in the suspension department most now days are going with the 5in RCD or the Fabtech lift but yet are still only able to run up to that 35in tire bracket. Not to mention TeamTrent said he even had to trim but that was probably do to the backspace. So what gives? I mean why should I shell out 1200-1500 for suspension when for only 500 I could be riding on 35's or slightly bigger?
I know the physical differences and that suspension lifts actually give you more ground clearance. I am just looking to fit around 35-36 inch tires, as I travel a lot and would like to stay away from all the wear and tear big meats give you. Right now I am running 265/75/16 BFG's, I had 285's but swapped out due to constant OD shifting. I now know how to solve this (use a new speedo gear) and plan to upgrade gears to around a 4.10 anyways.

Anyways, give me your thoughts. Do the trucks with just the 3in body and 35's rub like mad when off road?

Old 03-20-2002, 09:12 PM
Well as you can see from my sig, I have both a body and suspension lift. Right now I'm running 315's but as soon as these tires start wearing I'm going to go with a 37-38.5 inch tire. Seems to me I'll have the room but I may need to trim the valance in extreme conditions.

Bob

Old 03-20-2002, 09:49 PM
KYFordFreak,

I have seen some 4x4 trucks on this site that run 35or315 with just a body lift, they may have cranked there front torshion bars a few cranks! As for my truck Im only a 4x2 so my truck is lower than a stock 4by. I would love to fit 35or315 but I need 1 1/2" - 2" to fit them. I wish I could just use a coil spacer or 2" coil without having to replace the upper control arm! Maybe there is someone that can save my day with that delema!

Old 03-21-2002, 12:08 AM
Nacho
Sorry man, Imeant to tell you in my last post. Anyways you have one sweet looking 4X2. I had to go back 2 times and double check your sig and make sure you said 2wd. I' would almost bet with your setup and the right driver you can go almost anywhere a 4X4 can.

rtroha
Your truck is not bad either. I like big trucks, the bigger the better. On the other hand I have to need be realistic and stay at little closer to ground. You start talking much more than 8 inches of lift and 38 tires and you'll need to radio the airport for clearance before you can take off. I am correct saying that I think I have seen a few on here with just a body lift and 315's. I guess I should just save longer and go all out for the RCD or Fabtech suspension lift. I would be content right now with any lift, 35's, and at least 4.10 gears. If you want to get technical on what I want I also would need a rear locker, some kind of front locker(HMMM, ARB, drool),multi-mount winch, some kind of front end protection and lights. Anyways keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: Pics Of my ride...