body lift with brush guard and step bars ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2001, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
body lift with brush guard and step bars ?

I have a 98 off road and want to put a 3 inch body lift on it. The problem is that the brush guard and step bars are conected to the frame and body. I have seen some pictures that have body lifts and they have the brush guard and step bars. I would like a suspension lift, but with labor and all it would cost over $2,000. I am saving for a fat boy or road king so that is not an option at this time. What needs to be done to make the body lift work without ditching the brush guard and step bars ??? With the body lift do I need new shocks, stabalizer bar , etc. ???

98 f-150 off road, 5 speed, standard cab, short bed
Outland modular brush guard
westin step bars
K&N intake
Afraid throttle body spacer
Professional tint
custom dual exaust stock side
vent shades
catch all floor liners
Soft bed cover (extang)
Catch and release WILD TROUT license frame.

Old 09-28-2001, 12:45 PM
Smile

Some pictures you've probably seen have the steps that are cab mounted, not attached to the frame. The brushguard, you'll have to make some new brackets for it. If you've got access to a welder/torch and some metal it's no big deal. You don't need any of the other stuff for the body lift. Everything will be included in a Perf. Acc. Kit (I got mine for $111 + s.h.)

Old 09-28-2001, 04:14 PM
thanks just a few more questions

Well I don't weld, so that is out of the picture. I am sure that I could find someone to do the job. Would that be expensive ?? I also have the 17 inch wheels, so would the tires I have look ok, or do I have to get new rims, and bigger tires ?? I have the westin step bars, so I will have to look into that issue. I did install them but I am not sure of things. I dont want it to look trashy, but it is a damn good looking truck and my gilfriend has a GMC off road, and it can't out do mine !!! Hell my truck is taller than hers and she has a 3" lift. I guess this wil be my christmas present to me this year. I wonder what the over all guestimated cost would be ???? Thanks bud for the info and any more you can add.

Old 09-28-2001, 04:26 PM
Talking

Yeah, I know what ya mean, I don't think I could stand for my wife to have a bigger truck than me
I don't know how much it would cost to make new brackets (I'd try finding a friend who will do it for beer). Here's a pic of my truck after the body lift, with my 265/75/16's. I don't think your stock tires would look to dorky, although with the ORP yours may be a little taller. No pics yet with the grilleguard back on.

Old 09-28-2001, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Just from my experience with the step bars. I had a set of Luverne nerf bars, and they were the kind that attatched to the frame. I took them off because with my 3" body lift, they sat 3" below the body of the truck, which I personally didnt like, because it just looked kinda dumb in my opinion. If you have the Westins, I think you'll be ok, because they are body mounted I do believe, thus they will stay flush with your body when its lifted. (I now have to buy me a set of body mounted bars)

Quick Reply: body lift with brush guard and step bars ?