3" Body Lift Installed In 6 Hours!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3" Body Lift Installed In 6 Hours!

OK IT WAS ON MY BROTHER-IN-LAWS 2000 DODGE RAM BUT NEVER THE LESS IT WAS 6 HOURS. HOW MUCH DIFFERENT CAN OUR TRUCKS BE? EVERYONE SAYS 15 HOURS IS COMMON. OK I KNOW THE BOLTS ARE ON THE INSIDE OF THE CAB AND THE SEATS AND CARPET HAVE TO COME OUT BUT THATS ABOUT 30 MIN. HAS ANYONE DONE A DODGE RAM AND A FORD? HOW COMPARABLE ARE THE INSTALLS? IM GOING TO BUY THE BODY LIFT AND DO THE INSTALL MYSELF(WITH BROS HELP) AND AM JUST LOOKING FOR INFO. THANKS GUYS. MITCH

Old 09-24-2001, 08:54 AM
Mitch,
I didn't install mine myself but supposedly it took the shop that did it 12 hours. Couldn't tell you for sure if it really took that long but they guys there said it was a bear to put in. Good luck with yours.

Old 09-24-2001, 10:05 AM
it took me and my best friend about 9 hours for mine, but i have a different year truck than you

Old 09-24-2001, 04:00 PM
It took me and 3 other people 9 hrs to do a body lift on my buddies 99 excab 4x4.This time includes 3 beer runs, running to the parts house a few times to get tools that we didn't have but we needed and a dinner break.It really isn't that hard to do, all the little things take up a lot of time. good luck

Old 09-24-2001, 05:53 PM
Entering hour #9 right now. Cab is raised and bolted down, fan shroud is moved, front bumper is relocated. Bed is loose and i will lift it as soon as the rain stops I have a question though. Now that the cab is lifted the lowere radiator hose is rubbing the air pump pulley. Unfortuantly the hose for my truck is the longest one the parts store carries. I will probably have to hook to hoses together with a piece of steel pipe and some hose clamps. Anybody else have this problem?

-Jon

Old 09-26-2001, 03:59 AM
nope

Old 09-26-2001, 12:19 PM
i tell you what i will let you come put a body on my truck for free, just to see if you can break the 6 hour time. Now in all seriousness a friend and his brother put one on a 98 and it took them the whole weekend. i dont know what took so long, but he is a perfectionist and probley checked everything 10 times. good luck and hope to see pics and time soon

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2001, 01:23 PM
Well, mine took me around 14 hours. Started on saturday and finished on Sunday. Did it alone, with a couple of trips to PepBoys, and breaks for food and hydration. Triple checked everything and no beer. So far so good.

Those 6 hours are a record in my book. Congratulations.

Old 09-26-2001, 02:18 PM
i ordered the 3" performance accessories lift on monday so hopefully it will be here on thursday. we're going to install it on sunday. im going to take pics throughout the install. i'll let you guys know how it goes. mitch

Old 09-29-2001, 03:22 PM
6 hours of work for the first one I installed with just CJ helping (it was his truck).

Total of about 8 hours. We spent one of those extra hours lining up the bed to body and the bumpers to perfection. his was way off from the factory. It was nice to have my truck that had just about a perfect body alignment on hand to compare to. Then the other hour was spent installing the electric fan instead of relocating the shroud with the stock fan.

Turned out really well! Take some preventative steps though! 2 nights before lube all the body and bumper bolts up with PB blaster or pentrating oil a couple of times! The night before we also remove the back seat in the supercab and the front and rear bumpers to get a head start in the morning. Made things go really quick and easy. We started at 8 and were done by 3 with it.

http://www.f150world.com/COWBOYUP

It also helps to have some 1/2 sockets and breaker bar. Make turning the bolts really simple!

Quick Reply: 3" Body Lift Installed In 6 Hours!