Leveling Kit Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Kit Issues

I recently had a 2" leveling kit installed on my 14 XLT 4x4. As soon as I drove off from having the kit installed I noticed a humming noise and wasn't sure what it was but it when away after I drove a few miles. When it went away all the sudden I heard a few rattles as well. I pulled over to make sure everything seemed okay and nothing seemed out of place. Did not hear any more noises until about 2 weeks ago. They may have been happening but I did notice them, only noticed them the first time cause I had my windows down. When I started hearing them again I was pulling into a parking lot and had to turn the wheel as far right as I could. After almost completing the turn I heard a loud pop, and my windows were rolled up. So I did some investigating and every time I turn my wheel as far right or left as it will go there is a popping sound after about 5' of driving. While driving around since the first pop I have had my radio down and noticed more ratteling as well. Except this rattle isn't constant, it only happens on more of a vibration than a bump, for example milled asphalt or something that causes vibration and small bumps.

I took the truck back to the shop today and they said everything was tight and could not tell me what was causing the rattle or the popping sound. For some random reason I decided to turn on my 4WD when I left just to make sure it was still working since I hadn't used it in a while. When I switched back to 2WD the humming noise I heard when I first got the leveling kit was back. So I am assuming I have some issue with my vacuum lines or my IWE.

I am hoping maybe that may be my issue but I am afraid I have multiple issues. Could a damaged IWE/Vaccum lines be causing the rattle and the popping sound? I plan on getting a vacuum pump to test both.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to get all the info I had out there. Any help would be much appreciated.