09-14 Complete lowering thread and how to cure death wobble/camber issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09-14 Complete lowering thread and how to cure death wobble/camber issues

Now I've been contemplating this for awhile and when i tried looking up remedies for the death wobble (hitting a bump and the truck moves to either the left or right) and couldn't much help. So im here to tell yall what ive done to cure it. I have an 09 f150 with a belltech street performance drop kit (3 inches in front and 5 1/2 in the rear) it uses an adjustable shock with lowering spring and a rear flip kit. I've been using it for the past 2 years and its amazing. I've also been dealing with the death wobble for that much time as well. I've checked ball joints and inner/outer tie rods and all have been working properly. So recently I looked at my lower ball joints and didn't like the angle at which they were set so i ordered the DJM lowering control arms off summit racing and this cured it all. However, it lowers the front 2-3 more inches. I'm running 22" Harley Davidson wheels and when it hit the ground it was low! It had bad camber and the tires would rub (im running 285/45/22 Toyo proxes) bad. Luckily with the adjustable shocks i was able to counter it by raising it 3 inches or 3 rings and i don't rub as much anymore (slightly on inclines and i scrape just a bit on the transmission k member) Now it's been about a week off getting the arms installed and it made all the difference. It doesn't jerk side to side anymore and it rides a hell of alot smoother too. If you want to lower your truck get the belltech street performance drop kit and the djm lowering control arms (if you order off summit it says ball joints aren't included but they are) and save yourself the headache. Trust me i wish i did before. Hope this helps anyon Current front end set up
Current rear set up
e out!