1.5" level...... anything needed to complete? - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Suspension
1.5" level...... anything needed to complete? > 1.5" level...... anything needed to complete?
Suspension
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.5" level...... anything needed to complete?

Old 06-17-2017, 09:34 PM
1.5" level...... anything needed to complete?

I am sure at some point, possibly many times, this question has been asked. Since I can't find exactly what I am looking for in a fairly recent post, I will ask anyway.
So, I want to add a 1.5" level to the front. I figure that will not change a crazy amount, but still give me a noticeable "level" look. My question, since there is no camber adjustment, is it really needed with a 1.5? I am putting on some new treads this week right after the level, and will have it aligned then. Any of you guys with a small amount of level having any extra tire wear when not doing the aftermarket camber kits?

Old 06-18-2017, 01:31 AM
You might get more responses in the suspension section instead of the turbo/supercharger section.

I put a 2.5" level on mine and did not need a camber kit. But I have read several people with less lift that have been told they do.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:29 AM
1.5" level, 2010 screw 4x4

I thought I posted this last night, but I don't guess I did it right, so here it goes again.
I have a 2010 Lariat Crew 4x4. Has no lifts or mods of any kind. As long as I have had it, my wife said its a miracle! Well, it is time! I am going to get a new set of AT's, and want to do a 1.5" level at the same time. I will put the level on before going to have the tires installed. I like to get an alignment and general "check up" when I get the new ones each time, so.will do this time as well. My question is this:
Those of you with the 1.5" level installed, have you had any premature tire wear if you don't get an aftermarket camber adjustment kit? I am not much of a fan of changing things if I don't have to, so I am looking for input. If it tire wear seems to be generally accelerated, I think I will just leave the "rake" as it is. (I do plan on installing an active suspension, "add-a-leaf, or helper spring on the rear.....)
Thanks a many in advance!

Old 06-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Ah! I see now why I couldn't find it!
I reposted there. Thanks for the response. I have been told I needed it, by shops trying to get my business....

Old 06-19-2017, 11:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor
It isn't needed. My first 2004 did not need it, but my 2007 wouldn't hold alignment after higher miles until I got new camber bolts.

Just leveled my 2013, only took it in for alignment. Been great so far.

Search this Thread