Leveling kit problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling kit problems

I have a 2006 F150 2wd and I purchased a 2.5 inch HBS leveling kit and installed it myself about 6 months ago and never had an issue with it rubbing or anything. Today I changed the struts with Monroe reflex struts. I had the spring compressed off my old ones and put on the new strut. I also changed my upper control arms because my ball joints were bad. Had no issue with any of that. When I start putting everything back together I notice my upper control arm is jammed under one of the coils on the spring when I'm trying to bolt it down. I took a pry bar and got it off and finished putting everything back together hoping it would relieve all the pressure off of it when I let the jack down but it was still touching the control arm. I just removed the leveling kit completely because it wasn't safe to drive but I would like to get it out back on somehow. Do I just need an alignment since I changed my control arms? I'm stumped and not to sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-12-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is the new shock longer? Something has to be different as it sounds like you gained a little bit of height. And you replaces just the shock not the coilover assembly, right?

Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you'll need an alignment. You should always get one after changing ball joints and removing the upper control arm. It sounds like you didn't mark the position of the old upper arm to get the new one back in as close as possible, so it's possible an alignment is all you need to fix your issue.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit problems