07KR Needs more lift

Old 08-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07KR Needs more lift

Hello, this is my new to me 07 KR with a 6" Zone lift, 295.65.20 Nitto trail Grapplers, and a turnover gooseneck style hitch that I will NEVER use. I bought the truck setup this way. I recently sold my F350 with 10" lift and 40s and have to say that it rode smother that this. I like this truck however, it needs about 2" more lift. The tires hit going into my driveway. I know my questions have been beat to death, yes search is my friend as is google. Ive done those first and not gotten the specific answers. Thanks for any answers I receive. Since I know nothing about this particular kit, aside from a 2" body lift, what would be the best way to get the lift I need and possibly smooth out the ride? I had Bilstien 5100s on the 350 and was looking at them for the 150. Ive seen ones advertised as a 2" level but Im not sure how those work or if they will work with this kit. I know the rear I can do an AAL and smaller blocks to get the height. Thanks again.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
looks like a 4" or 6" lift in the front. Can you read any tags or writing on the drop down crossmember in the front?

How many miles are on the truck? Probably due for (4) ball joints. They will help smooth out the ride a bunch if the front end is worn out. Think banging loose metal up and down every time you hit a bump

Old 08-12-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The billstiens in the front would probably give you two inches, however, itll charge your suspension angles and could end up riding worse.

AAL will make the rear ride more rough for sure. Blocks would be your best bet depending on what's in there now.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Since you have a kit with a 6" spacer, you can use leveling struts to gain an extra 2". However keep in mind this will leave you with less than ideal suspension angles. The bilsteins will firm up the ride some so the rancho quick lifts may be a better choice for you since they allow you to adjust the ride quality.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:46 AM
thanks for the replies. The receipt the PO provided says its a Zone offroad 6" lift. I found one source of the noise and bad ride. The rear shocks were blown as well as the rubber bushing in one was worn out. The truck has 228xxx miles on it so the BJ's probably need replacing as well. I think the front struts are stock as well. There is a lot of wear on them as can be seen. Might just do a 1" body lift for now to clear the tires a little better and start gathering parts.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:10 AM
If you're going to go through the headache of doing a body lift on that body style truck, you might as well go with a 3" one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07KR Needs more lift