Snapped Strut Spring

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snapped Strut Spring

Well we were out camping this weekend and I went to turn the truck and back up to the camper. I heard a loud pop, but didn't see anything since it was dark..

Then today I noticed some vibrations that weren't there before.. Decided to get under the truck and I see this..

Truck has 92,500 miles on it. I guess its time to replace.

What are the top brands that has coilover and shock in one. I'm guessing I need to do both front's at the same time, and I'm guessing my rear shocks need upgraded as well.

I would imagine these are the original on the truck.

Are the Rancho QuickLifts something that I could get and replace. And would also be an upgrade. Any other styles like that. I do have a 2" leveling kit on the truck now. So if I can replace that all in one that would work out.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes easy to install/replace. Looks like that crack has been there for a bit (or there is a lot of humidity in Indiana in the summer and if I remember from Hot Rod Power Tour there is )

Old 07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Rancho Shocks
Yes easy to install/replace. Looks like that crack has been there for a bit (or there is a lot of humidity in Indiana in the summer and if I remember from Hot Rod Power Tour there is )
Yeah, I just heard the pop less than a week ago, but I guess that doesnt mean it just happened.

I was looking to the QuickLifts. Do you guys have specials running? For Quicklifts or for all 4 corners?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Red face

So... our next rebate is starting (most likely) Sept 1 for Shocktober. I know that is still a bit away...

Originally Posted by Shanks12
Yeah, I just heard the pop less than a week ago, but I guess that doesnt mean it just happened.

I was looking to the QuickLifts. Do you guys have specials running? For Quicklifts or for all 4 corners?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:14 PM
So... our next rebate is starting (most likely) Sept 1 for Shocktober. I know that is still a bit away...
Did I just miss a July 4th sale?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Red face

No but you missed a March, April, May, June sale. :eek

Did I just miss a July 4th sale?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:49 PM
No but you missed a March, April, May, June sale. :eek
Wow..

Can you tell me what part numbers I would need for the QuickLifts up front and the 9000's in the rear.

2005 F150 FX4 5.4L SuperCrew

Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Wink

Ford 2005 4WD
RS999910QL (x2)
RS999286XL (x2)

Wow..

Can you tell me what part numbers I would need for the QuickLifts up front and the 9000's in the rear.

2005 F150 FX4 5.4L SuperCrew

Old 07-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Thank you!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM
I think I would put a set of Quick Lift Loaded's on...

I replaced my struts 2 years ago with them, and 32k miles later no problems...truck isn't completely level, but its levelish...the ride is pretty good. I think mine are set at 9 right now.

Got mine at O'reilley's for about $230/ea...

Regards!

Old 07-14-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm currently running Fox coil/struts with remote reservoir and have no issues at all with them for the last 3 years that they've been on. Prior to that I was running the Rancho quicklifts but the bushings on the lower mounts wore out and got real sloppy after about 3-4 years. They do have a life time warranty on them, but if you need it I was told you have to send the assemblies in for repair ( I called their customer support). I couldn't afford to have my truck out for a month so I had to go with new assemblies. King and swayaway also have complete setups you might take a look at too.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor
Often times you can just take the old part to the place that you bought it from and they can warranty it right there, FYI. So the vehicle won't be down for that long. But sometimes it may take a while.

Originally Posted by wheelerfreak
I'm currently running Fox coil/struts with remote reservoir and have no issues at all with them for the last 3 years that they've been on. Prior to that I was running the Rancho quicklifts but the bushings on the lower mounts wore out and got real sloppy after about 3-4 years. They do have a life time warranty on them, but if you need it I was told you have to send the assemblies in for repair ( I called their customer support). I couldn't afford to have my truck out for a month so I had to go with new assemblies. King and swayaway also have complete setups you might take a look at too.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Often times you can just take the old part to the place that you bought it from and they can warranty it right there, FYI. So the vehicle won't be down for that long. But sometimes it may take a while.
I bought it online.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelerfreak
I bought it online.
Same here, bought mine from the suspension source, local forum sponser. I can attest that Rancho once offered to send me out replacements and I could install, then ship my originals back to them.

I never needed a warranty claim, but I have complained about not getting the full 2.5" level height as advertised. Have Rancho considered a fix for this? A stiffer spring rate would be a excellent start.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like my Quicklifts but despise the coils they used. FAR too weak / soft. I can't have my truck down long enough to rip the suspension apart, swap in decent coils, at least not right now...

Knowing what I know now, I would probably grab a set of Quicklifts, AND a set of the Moog HD springs, swap the coils out in the QLs and THEN swap coil / strut assemblies.

Quick Reply: Snapped Strut Spring