Bilstein HD won't fit on 2002 F-150 SCrew 4x4????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bilstein HD won't fit on 2002 F-150 SCrew 4x4????

I ordered the right shocks, I got the rears off. The driver side was a bitch but I got it off with an air ratchet by just sitting on it and wedging a box end wrench on the stock shocks.

Well, the new shocks use some sort of RIDICULOUS allen head....and there is not enough clearance to get that on.

How in the holy hell do you get these shocks on this truck? Will they even work??

I need some serious detailed help here. Id rather not take the bed off, but I cannot honestly find any other means of getting clearance or tightening the nut down.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just put a set of Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks on a 2002 SC last weekend for a neighbor. That left-rear shock is a bitch, but the Monroe shocks had a place to put an open-end wrench just like the OE ones.

For an allen-head, try using a ratcheting wrench to tighten the nut. Not much room to maneuver it through the frame, but it can be done.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got it. DAMN! I have a ratchet wrench set, best purchase I ever made...ever. Anyway, the solution was to put the wrench in pointing to the passenger side. For the passenger side, I had to take my allen wrench and cut off about 1/2" to get it to fit. It worked fine. Fronts were a piece of cake. The factory Ranchos were shot.....One rebounded, but the others are still compressed. Guess I should have changed them sooner than 247,000 miles? LOL.

Quick Reply: Bilstein HD won't fit on 2002 F-150 SCrew 4x4????