time to buy the lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
time to buy the lift kit

hey guys, im in the market to lift my 2012 ecoboost and been looking around at a few different 6" lift kits. at first i liked the bds cause it comes with the fox coilovers, and great warranty, but i dont like that you gotta do some cutting on the frame. so im starting to lean towards the pro comp or mcgaughys. has anyone had any experience with the coilovers and shocks that come with the procomp kit? or is it possible to buy king coilovers and shocks for either of those kits? if so how do i know what ones to get? because im sure that a coilover for a lift is going to be longer than an oem one. right?
[imgName:  IMG_0391.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  98.5 KB[/img]

Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 AM

You can buy pretty much any coilover for a 6" lifted truck with any lift, to my knowledge. Fox, King, Dirt Logic, all of em should work fine. A lot of guys seem to like the McGaughy kit (think they have a good rep from lifts in the past, maybe for other vehicles? Can't remember) and it has a much more attractive crossmember, so I'd get it just for that. Procomp's is ugly as hell. Plus ya get an extra half inch

Probably want some more tire too, mainly wider.
How those Moto Metals holding up so far? Been thinking of getting some if I have reason to believe they'll hold up well, even though yours are still brand new.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 04-01-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM
i like the rims so far. i have only driven my truck for maybe a week since i got them cause i have been away at work. but i would for sure get bigger tires. a 35/12 but still stick with a nice all terrain. i just dont really care to the ride i get now from the leveling kit. Plus i got a good tax return this year so i mean why not buy a lift kit, right!? haha.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:10 PM

Certainly can't argue with that logic!

I haven't really heard anything bad about any of the coilovers, so it's up to (brand) preference and budget as far as I'm concerned. I've never owned them, just driven trucks with them. I'm sure there's info out there, if you broaden it out to Super Duty's and other brands, about which are maybe a little cushier and ride nicer. Personally, I like when everything is nice and tight, but that usually comes at a cost to the ride, to an extent.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think all of the lifts, except for mcgaughys require cutting of the front differential.

Quick Reply: time to buy the lift kit