My left cheek seems to be sagging

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My left cheek seems to be sagging

Alright...my cheek isn't really sagging, however it appears that the back driver's side of my truck is sagging a little bit. Should I take it into the dealer here in Auburn, or is there some way that I can do it myself. I would rather do it myself, if all possible. It is more fun that way. I just don't like to walk up behind my truck and it look lopsided. Anyone with suggestions please reply...thanks Meek

Old 08-28-2001, 08:28 PM
How lopsided is it? I busted a spring shackle causing the leaf springs to rest against the bed of the truck and the driver rear to sag, even though it was still drivable.

-Jon

Old 08-28-2001, 08:54 PM
does your left or right side of your shoes wear more then the other? lol j/k i have no idea

Old 08-29-2001, 09:17 AM
Hi Meek,

I think I have the same problem as you. I brought my truck in the shop last week and they changed the left leaf spring. A day later it was still sagging on the left side. I am going back tonight as they will investigate some more. Did you manage to have your sagging problem fixed?

Thank,
Stephane

Old 08-29-2001, 03:17 PM
I have a 2001 SCrew.....had a 1998 Explorer. Both have the rear left corner sag. I am told that the position of the fuel tank and weight of the fuel tends to generate the "permanent" sag.
On my SCrew, the left rear was about 1 inch lower than the right rear.
With the rear end jacked up, I tried loosening the leaf spring U-bolts (on axle) on both sides and rapping hard with a 2 lb hand sledge to "settle" the springs a bit. It helped level it out by a quarter inch, but you can still notice the remaining sag of 3/4 of an inch.
Take it in to the dealer if under warranty and tell them to replace both rear leaf assemblies. I'll be doing the same soon.

Old 08-29-2001, 06:27 PM
WAR EAGLE!!!

Hey meek... WAR EAGLE MAN...I'm down here in Montgomery and am gettin pumped for this saturday. By the way...do u know of ANY off road spots around central alabama? Just curious.

Hunter

Quick Reply: My left cheek seems to be sagging