kits with fox or dirt logic shocks or neither?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kits with fox or dirt logic shocks or neither?

hello all, going to be putting a down payment down on a lift kit and throw another 200 bucks down month to month all winter long so by spring its paid off and ready for install.

but at this point I figured I would ask everyone whos already been down the road of deciding what type kit to buy. im going with a 6" lift for sure but have people come to find getting one with a upgraded package that included dirt logic or fox shocks really worth it, or would a standard kit with some bilstein's purchased separately be a better selection.

I don't know on the scale of performance and quality where the fox and dirt logic shocks lie so I thought id seek out some opinions from all you good folks. thanks and hope to hear from some people.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:17 PM
what kind of lift? brands would be helpful, what do you ultimately want to do and be honest with it because thats the only way you wont be upset about your choice. theres nothing wrong with wanting a look out of a truck. I want to dump money into my dodge and honestly never take it out, but it will look bitchin either way! but also at the same time I spent the time money and bought quality parts for my f150 because I beat the hell out of it. so thats the question you need to ask yourself. if you do want to just beat on it, get quality parts always. money talks in offroad and thats just the way it is. trophy trucks aren't cheap for a reason. that being said yes fox is a GREAT company. I personally run them on my truck for that exact reason. I tell everyone this but go look at the teams out there and count how many run fox, its a substantial amount. they are one of the leaders if not THE leader in shocks. dirt logic is not so big they are more of a satellite company. I wouldn't say that they aren't quality because I personally have never dealt with them before. they look solid and I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be. but I can 100% say fox is where its at. so if you will beat your truck up, want something that can handle it then yes fox is worth the money. if you want a look, want to hit trails, still offroad, climb, do whatever normal people do offroad then bilstein is a perfectly good choice as well. remember what the rest of the lift entails though. I'm talking ONLY shocks here. you go out and bomb your truck with a spindle lift and some fox shoxs and you're going to destroy your uppers and probably smoke a tierod in the meantime. know your kits boundaries and know what you can and cant do and you'll be more than happy with whatever your choice is!

Old 11-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Hey arnner74, im mostly looking at the bds 6" high clearance lift. I do plan on offroading it a little bit. Nothing crazy though. That lift says you can run a maximum of 37" tires which i dont thinkk i will do. I will most likely get a big 35". I cant recall offhand but i have seen some 35.6's or something in and around that size. Thanks for the clarification on the shocks though. Just wanted to know what can and cant handle a little abuse here and there. But either way id rather spend the money and get something that will last a while either way.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:46 PM
I haven't seen this lift, but I hear a lot of people going for it. I'm going to have to check it out so I can get more knowledgeable about it. the inbetween tires aren't going to be any different than a regular 35. if you think about it you'll probably end up paying more for 600thou of tire which I wouldn't put it past the manufacturer to not be able to hold that tolerance anyway. good luck with it though! post some pics and let us know if you have any questions!

Quick Reply: kits with fox or dirt logic shocks or neither?