Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions

Hey folks,

I've just got a 2wd here, but I like the look and stance of the 4wd units. I recently added in an inch and a half Daystar kit to the front to level me out, which is fine. But what I'd really like to do is get it to the on the ground height of:

Putting in the Daystar had me giving everything I had to get the upper control arm to get back down where it needed to be. So my questions are:

What in the world kind of lift would it take to get the bumper/bull bar to that "on the ground" level (or just about there) and does this require a longer ball joint stud/different control arm to make the connections back after a change?

Old 08-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing the truck is about 3ish inches off the ground in that picture? An actual measurement would be helpful, but your options for lift would be:

3" Body Lift
3" Coil springs with aftermarket control arms (anything over 2" involving the coils requires these)
3-3.5" spindle lift
6-7.5" suspension lift (Springtech, Canuck Motorsports, Doestch, CST, Fabtech, etc, etc..)

For the back you have:
Blocks
Shackles
Add-A-Leafs
Leaf Packs

I think that about covers it all off the top of my head.. There's more info in the Suspension Section (this section) sticky, also linked in my signature..

Quick Reply: Suggestions