Axle wrap lifted ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axle wrap lifted ecoboost

My 2013 fx4 with a 6" procomp lift kit is suffering from rear end hop that I believe is due to axle wrap.
With every hop it causes transfer case to slam
Into floor.
Anyone heard of this before???
Any ideas for a solution???
It only happens on hard acceleration.
I also have 35" Mickey thompsons.
Any help would be appreciated!!!

Last edited by rczegeny; 02-13-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm assuming it's an m/t tire, your using a block in the rear, and you launch at stop lights like it's stolen? Sounds like something to be expected.

Is the block tapered to help correct the angle?
What's the gear ratio?

Basing off the information you gave fixes would be something like:
Don't drive it like its a racecar..
Traction/ladder bars
Ditch the block and go with a full leaf pack lift in the rear.

Ordered from cheapest to most expensive haha.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Suspended
1st: Your tcase is not hitting the floor.
2nd: quit driving like your 16. If you are 16, quit driving like your 16.
3rd: go with what Pizza said.

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Why is everybody hating on the way he is driving HIS truck. Drive it like you stole it, ain't nothing wrong with that. As it was said lift blocks cause the leverage on the springs and cause axle wrap, to fix, remove block and install lift springs(which ride much stiffer), or install some traction bars.

My Lightning powered Supercrew on 38s with lift blocks had no wrap at all. I ran Procomp traction bars. I really like the floating traction bar design that Fabtech and Rize has thou.

So get some bars installed as have fun with it. Just a FYI i have had a best of 2.08 60' with 38s and the bars.

Wayne

Last edited by Z7What; 02-14-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Z7What
Why is everybody hating on the way he is driving HIS truck. Driver it like you stole it, ain't nothing wrong with that. As it was said lift blocks cause the leverage on the springs and cause axle wrap, to fix, remove block and install lift springs(which ride much stiffer), or install some traction bars.

My Lightning powered Supercrew on 38s with lift blocks had no wrap at all. I ran Procomp traction bars. I really like the floating traction bar design that Fabtech and Rize has thou.

So get some bars installed as have fun with it. Just a FYI i have had a best of 2.08 60' with 38s and the bars.

Wayne
It's not hating to say the cheapest fix is to not kill it off the line, that's just truth right there.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
It's not hating to say the cheapest fix is to not kill it off the line, that's just truth right there.
No where did he ask for the cheapest route. If he has a 2013 with 6" of lift im sure he can afford a set of traction bars.

Wayne

Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Suspended
No where did he ask for your best 60' time...
FIFY.

Why is everybody hating on the way he is driving HIS truck.
Like Pizza said sometimes a change in driving habit fixes a problem.

Being able to afford a brand new truck + mods doesn't mean a person (not referring to the OP) isn't looking for the cheapest way to fix a problem. It's easier to spend 5 extra seconds modifying the post and putting it in order from cheapest to most expensive than their next post being what's the cheapest.

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
Like Pizza said sometimes a change in driving habit fixes a problem.

Being able to afford a brand new truck + mods doesn't mean a person (not referring to the OP) isn't looking for the cheapest way to fix a problem. It's easier to spend 5 extra seconds modifying the post and putting it in order from cheapest to most expensive than their next post being what's the cheapest.
It just make no sense to mod a truck the way he wants and then have to baby it. Just put some traction bars on it and be done with it.

EVEN if he takes it a little easier on take offs the axle still rotates (but may not feel it) and cause pinion shafts to break, U-Joint failure and broking drive shafts. So to FIX it install bars or full leaf packs.

And the reason i said my 60' time is to show him that tractions bar will fix his issue. I put down over 400RWTQ with 38's and could pull a 2.0 60' with no wheel hop!

Wayne

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
So oh wanna say we're hating when we say it can be fixed be by easier on the truck, but because its his truck your saying since he just dumped a lot of his money in it he should kill it all the time and not baby it?

Yea dude, go check your first post and reread where you wrote it's his truck in caps.

Not everyone has cash to drop into their truck on the spot. You don't know his money situation and neither do I, so I covered what's possible to correct his problem, without the need to brag about sometime on 38's.

Last edited by pizzaman711; 02-14-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Suspended
It just make no sense to mod a truck the way he wants and then have to baby it. Just put some traction bars on it and be done with it.

EVEN if he takes it a little easier on take offs the axle still rotates (but may not feel it) and cause pinion shafts to break, U-Joint failure and broking drive shafts. So to FIX it install bars or full leaf packs.

And the reason i said my 60' time is to show him that tractions bar will fix his issue. I put down over 400RWTQ with 38's and could pull a 2.0 60' with no wheel hop!

Wayne
It makes no sense to put a truck on 38's and brag about how fast it is either...

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It makes no sense to put a truck on 38's and brag about how fast it is either...
you are missing the point.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Suspended
I think you missed my point.

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
So oh wanna say we're hating when we say it can be fixed be by easier on the truck, but because its his truck your saying since he just dumped a lot of his money in it he should kill it all the time and not baby it?

Yea dude, go check your first post and reread where you wrote it's his truck in caps.

Not everyone has cash to drop into their truck on the spot. You don't know his money situation and neither do I, so I covered what's possible to correct his problem, without the need to brag about sometime on 38's.
I just think that yall are missing my point and blowing this out of proportion. He has a issue with axle wrap, yall tell him to drive it slower instead of what the REAL fix is which is bars or new leaf packs(which yall even agree with). Its like saying dont turn your "system" up loud cause your lights will dim when the answer to the issue is upgrading wires and electrical system.

And the statement about not know his money situation is true but i can also say if you can buy a 50K truck, put 5K with of suspension wheels and tires i think you SHOULD and WOULD WANT to fit a issue the CORRECT way for 400/500 bucks.

Its not bragging about how fast it is im just tell him that i was putting way more load on the suspension and powertrain than he is and had NO axle wrap. You know what i am bragging it is a bad *** truck!

Originally Posted by str8t six
you are missing the point.
Whats up buddy? They just not understanding what im saying.

Wayne

Old 02-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I just think that yall are missing my point and blowing this out of proportion. He has a issue with axle wrap, yall tell him to drive it slower instead of what the REAL fix is

Wayne
Maybe you missed my first post. I listed all the options for fixes including what you said right after my post after saying I was hating, sorry for the confusion, as I wasn't hating but instead trying to cover all options to help the OP, sorry for missing your point and listing an option that's free.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 AM
First of all, let me just say thanks for the overwhelming response!
Much appreciated.
So here's the deal, it's a dealer lifted truck, so yes, I was driving it like I stole it! It's under warranty, and I need them to come up with the solution, and pay out of their pocket.
Had I not stomped on it right off the start of owning this, I wouldn't have even known I had any issues. Now it's a matter of dealer pawning the responsibility for a "fix" onto the outfit that installed the lift kit.
I'm sure they won't take the route of most expensive fix, just because that will eat away whatever profit they have out of the deal.
And as a side note, it's pretty tough to pay 55 g's for a truck that has 365 ponies, n not stomp on the pedal!
Also this happened only days into owning the truck n I had no clue what this even was.
And now they've had it for a week, and they say, they don't know what's causing this, n "it's never happened before"

Quick Reply: Axle wrap lifted ecoboost