Body Lift Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Lift Question

Ok guys, I've scoured the forums and the web and can't seem to find an answer to my question. First a little background. I have an 05 F150 SCAB Flareside 4x4. A buddy of mine has an F150 with the body style from right before the 04-08 style. He had a 3" body lift on it that he took off the other day and told me that I could have it if I wanted it and if I thought it would fit. I may be wrong but, I'm pretty sure the actual spacers are the same for the two kits. So, my question is, other than possibly some different bumper relocation brackets, what would I need to make this kit work (assuming that it will work)? Are there any other parts that would be different? I'm not too familiar with body lifts because I had been looking into getting a 6" suspension lift before there was the possibility of a free lift. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're right about the lift spacers being the same. But the bolts may be different and the bumper relocation brackets, steering extension and other assorted hardware will be completely different. Plus, you won't have the instructions, which are preceless. Also, the body lift installation on the 04-08 trucks is probably the most difficulat of any F-150.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
You're right about the lift spacers being the same. But the bolts may be different and the bumper relocation brackets, steering extension and other assorted hardware will be completely different. Plus, you won't have the instructions, which are preceless. Also, the body lift installation on the 04-08 trucks is probably the most difficulat of any F-150.
That's kind of what I was thinking. If the bolts were different, it wouldn't be difficult to get the right ones. There's a good part store in town that has a massive selection of nuts and bolts. My buddy made quite a few trips there while taking the lift off so that he could get the stock size bolts to put back on his truck. I checked and the instructions for the 04-08 body lift are on Performance Accessories website. I checked online and can't find the bumper relocation brackets but I've got a friend that works at a metal-working shop and he said he could make 'em for me if I showed/told him what I wanted. The instructions on the website have the hardware list at the bottom along with the sizes of the hardware which would be a help. One of the mechanics at the shop i work at said he was pretty sure it would work (I'm not saying he's correct or incorrect). There would also be 2 or 3 of us putting the lift on. I personally have never put a body lift on but the other 2 guys have put a good many on between them. So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is, if I got the bumper relocation brackets made, and picked up any extra hardware needed at that part store, the main thing that I would need to find to make it work would be the steering extension?

Quick Reply: Body Lift Question