Clicking Noise From Left Front Tire Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had that too, we called it the "jingle" sounded like a washer bouncing around on a bolt. Sound will drive you nuts, problem was the POS retainer for spindle nut.

Old 08-18-2001, 12:31 AM
When can you hear the noise? Is it only when slowing down like from 35 on down? I believe I have a similar noise. I asked a master mechanic on Blue Oval news and he said it could be coming from the transfer case. No lube in the area of the transmission output shaft and transfer case input shaft,and the transfer case has to be dropped to check the splines and lube with Ford slip yoke grease. Anyone heard of this? I had this noise for over a year.

Old 08-18-2001, 04:30 PM
Thumbs up PROBLEM LOCATED & SOLVED!!!!!!

I feel kinda stupid now.

I discovered my problem has nothing to do with the retainer ring on my left front tire. The problem was with the center caps on my American Racing Wheels. The caps were loose and rattling around. I used some silicone to stop the noise.

Thanks to everyone with all of their suggestions!
I'm no longer being driven crazy!

Joe

Old 08-18-2001, 04:48 PM
Just Turn Up The Radio

If the Left front tire is making a clicking sound and you can't figure out what is is after all the replies you got ....turn up the radio and you won't hear it anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Clicking Noise From Left Front Tire Area