To Everyone Who Has a Body or Susp. Lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Everyone Who Has a Body or Susp. Lift

This question has nagged at me for ages -

How do you guys with body/susp. lifts manage to use your trucks as your primary vehicle and still get into places with clearances that must be too low?

I have the 2000 F-150 XLT 4x4 ORP, and I need around 6'8" to 7'0 of clearance. That means I BARELY can squeeze in at the nearby Orlando International Airport when I need to fly somewhere. I also have to drive around in any downtown area so I can find a parking garage with high enough clearance. Seems like covered garages would be a problem too....

If I had a lift I would have to get another vehicle, because I couldn't run the risk of having to, say, go to Atlanta, Georgia on business, only to find that the building I have a meeting at at 9:00 a.m. has a parking garage with 6'5" clearance, as does every other parking garage in the area. Does that thought ever cross your guys minds before you do the lift? Anyone run into problems like that?

Old 08-07-2001, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Anytime I go downtown (and have to park in a garage) I make sure to borrow a car, whether its my brother's or girlfriends. As for huge tires, whenever I get my 36's on here within the next month, a new car will be in the works to use as the daily driver.

Old 08-09-2001, 12:37 AM
I thought about it once...then said, " ah hell, i like it lifted too much, i'll just valet."

But i can still make 7' tall clearances in mine...of course my antenea hits everything...but i have a half an inch to spare before i rip off the roof...

Old 08-10-2001, 08:58 AM
I drive my truck everyday, I haven't had a problem, then again, there aren't any parking garages around here. There is no way I could fit in one though. as for parking, its the same size as it was before i lifted, just went up. So I don't have a problem parking. Going through the drive through at banks and fast food is kinda hard sometimes...

Last edited by christrucker; 08-10-2001 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: To Everyone Who Has a Body or Susp. Lift