Skyjacker Softride Leaf Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
I have Fox 2.0 rear shocks and they are pretty much the same price as the 5100 rear bilsteins. They came as an option for my BDS kit. They ride pretty nice and are real good offroad.
I didnt know those Skyjacker leafs (FR44S) are only $300 for the pair. I might have to look into that. I have the 5" block with AAL (came in BDS kit)so a total of 5" when you subtract the 2" factory block I took out. I wouldnt mind getting rid of the axle wrap and get a new set of springs.
I added a 1.5" Autospring level on top of my BDS kit so I have 7.5" up front now. I could fit 37's but I still have about 30,000 miles left on my 35" Nitto Trails.....
I heard it was better to just go to Deaver or Atlas to get your springs done but they are so much more expensive than the Sky's. It makes sense why but still. If you dont tow/haul it shouldnt be that bad with the Sky's. I also heard they ride a little rough but like you said I dont need it to ride like a Caddy either.
I'll look into the Fox shocks, I've heard good things about them. The skyjacker leafs can't be any worse towing than the stock ones on there now. I don't tow a real heavy trailer often enough for it to be a big deal. I tow this 4 or 6 times a year:
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  412.4 KB

Other than this, pretty much all my towing is less than 4,000lbs. It wouldn't be worth it for me to pay a ton for leafs and only really use every few months

Old 06-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by MossyOak3006
I'll look into the Fox shocks, I've heard good things about them. The skyjacker leafs can't be any worse towing than the stock ones on there now. I don't tow a real heavy trailer often enough for it to be a big deal. I tow this 4 or 6 times a year:

Other than this, pretty much all my towing is less than 4,000lbs. It wouldn't be worth it for me to pay a ton for leafs and only really use every few months
Yeah I understand what you mean..Holy crap does your truck squat when you are hooked to that!! I see what you mean about needing some newbies.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
Yeah I understand what you mean..Holy crap does your truck squat when you are hooked to that!! I see what you mean about needing some newbies.
yeah it pulls the back end down a little haha. my leafs are basically flat now. they bottom out a lot on regular bumps and stuff. unless somebody gives me a good reason not to buy the skyjacker leafs I think I'm going to get them and put the stock 2" blocks back in

Old 04-03-2019, 12:26 AM
Hey I know this is an old thread, but did you end up getting the skyjacker leafs, and if so how were they?

Old 01-28-2020, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mike Migliore
Hey I know this is an old thread, but did you end up getting the skyjacker leafs, and if so how were they?
Mike, did you end up getting them? I can’t find and reviews for these springs. I decided it was worth it and will be installing them this weekend but want to get a feel for what to expect ride wise.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker Softride Leaf Springs?