4" or 6" Rancho or BDS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4" or 6" Rancho or BDS?

I know there is a lot of info on this topic and I have searched and researched forever on past posts. My question is twofold and hope you guys can help. First off, I have a 2010 Lariat 4x4 with a 2" leveling kit with 285/65-18 Trail Grapplers on 18x9 XD Monsters. That makes the tires almost 33's (actually 32.6"). The trucks sits really nice and no rubbing at all. It is now time to lift the truck up even higher!!! I have been looking at both the Rancho and BDS suspension lifts. I started looking at the 4" lift kits only because I wont be changing the tire size. I know the 33's wont look terrible on the 4" lift but that really isnt going to be much of a height increase from my leveling kit. I think Ill only really gain 2" or so. So now I am contemplating going with the 6" lift becuase it will sit about the height I am looking for but am really concerned with the 33's looking too dinky. So my questions are:

1) Anyone gone from a leveling kit to a 4" lift...is it really enough height to justify the $2K + pricetag?

2) Are 33's on a 6" lift going to look silly (too much wheel well space showing)? I am concerned they wont look right.

Pics are so welcomed here as I see a ton of 4 and 6" lifts with 35's, but since I wont be changing my tire size I would love to see pics of both lift sizes with 33's. Perhaps when the tires finally wear out I could look at going with 34's but for a while it is going to be 33's. I have the 3.73 gears and max tow package so they bigger tires shouldnt be too much of a drain on the gears.

Thanks for any feedback...I have gone back and forth on this big decision for a while now and need the help of the experts here!

Here is my truck as a reference point as she sits today.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Suspended
Unless you plan to increase tire size, i'd stick to what you have.

You can fit 37/1250's on a 6" lift on the 09+ trucks w/ the correct wheels so 33s on a 6" lift will look weird. Can't remember the user name, it's a blue/grey 2 tone fx4 w/ 6.5 ft bed has 33's on his 6" pro comp. For temporary status it looks fine, for long term it needs the recommended tire size.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Also the 4" Rancho I believe is more like 5-5.5" of lift from what I hear from people who have installed it. However, this is also for the 04-08 trucks so I am not 100% if its the same for you newer model guys. Just wanted to throw that out there so you can look into it more. Sorry, if its 100% wrong for the new trucks. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 4" or 6" Rancho or BDS?