Fab-Tech vs Pro-Comp 2wd Lifting, Pros and Cons...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fab-Tech vs Pro-Comp 2wd Lifting, Pros and Cons...

Ok let's have it, I am going to lift my 2wd (3 inch Spindle lift) and I would like to know what the pro's and con's of these 2 brands.

Old 07-30-2001, 11:29 AM
No major differences between the 2 if you just doing a 3in spindle lift. Now if you do a 6in lift (3in spindle + 3in spring) then there are some variations. If you end up buying the lift from 4Wheel Parts they will probably give you a better deal on the Pro Comp kit since they own them.

Old 08-02-2001, 03:13 PM
3.5" lift spindles

Hey i ahve the fabtech 3.5" lift spindles and yeah they are 3 1/2 inches, there not the 3 inch ones. i like them alot. i don't really knwo the difference between the fabtech and procomp ones though. heres a pic of my truck , see if you like it or not

go to for more pics
www.f150world.com/4RDPWR

Old 08-03-2001, 01:13 AM
Spindles

You might want to check out AIM their 3" spindles are only $249. I have them on my 99 ex-cab and they are as good as any out there !

Old 08-03-2001, 01:26 AM
I thought the aims were suppose to be lower quality metal...I mean the company is kind of shady...they were advertising spindles nearly 2 years before they even made them. Now isn't the tracking of the two front tires wider with the fabtechs as oppose to the procomps?

Old 08-07-2001, 01:17 AM
Quality of Material

The spindles I got made the stock ones look like they came off a S-10. With the way companys are being sued these days do you really think a company would sell a weak front suspension part.I bought their spindles , control arms and rear hanger kit and would recommend them to anyone who wants to lift their truck and save a little money!

Old 08-07-2001, 08:47 AM
I have the same one's the aim spindles excelent quality. no problems.

Trending Topics

Old 08-07-2001, 09:20 AM
Ok gang, I did it. I ordered the 3 in spindles from 4 wheel parts along with AR Atlas 16/8 polished wheels with 305/70-16 Pro-comp AT's... I will install them when I receive them tomorrow or Thursday....

Old 08-20-2001, 04:02 PM
Talking

OK all here are the pics before and after....

Old 08-25-2001, 07:19 PM
Re: 3.5" lift spindles

hey bro i was gonna put the 3 1/2" spindles on my 99 ex-cab 2wd and was just wondering how hard it was and did you use blocks in the back and what is the maximum size tires you can put on after the lift?

Originally posted by 4RDPWR
Hey i ahve the fabtech 3.5" lift spindles and yeah they are 3 1/2 inches, there not the 3 inch ones. i like them alot. i don't really knwo the difference between the fabtech and procomp ones though. heres a pic of my truck , see if you like it or not

go to for more pics
www.f150world.com/4RDPWR

Old 08-27-2001, 03:12 PM
The truck looks really goo, which spindles did you end up going with? Also what did you do to the rear?

Old 08-27-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by xdodgeguy
The truck looks really goo, which spindles did you end up going with? Also what did you do to the rear?
Me?

Well, I ordered Pro-comp spindles BUT the sales guy sent me Bulls-eye Spindles (go figure) and I installed 2.5 blocks in the rear. Also, I HAD to have cam bolts installed so the truck would align properly.

Old 08-27-2001, 04:35 PM
I just got back from ordering my spindles. I too got the bulls eye. The guy told me they make the best and you could incorporate other parts with them too, for example the upper arms if you ever want to go higher. Supposedly with Fabtech and some others you have to use only there parts in the future. Also he ordered only 1.5" blocks for the rear, he said that would make it level, but I see you have taller blocks on yours. Hmmmm, yours looks nice and level. Did you do the install yourself? If so how hard was it and how long did it take. Any problems?

Old 08-27-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by xdodgeguy
I just got back from ordering my spindles. I too got the bulls eye. The guy told me they make the best and you could incorporate other parts with them too, for example the upper arms if you ever want to go higher. Supposedly with Fabtech and some others you have to use only there parts in the future. Also he ordered only 1.5" blocks for the rear, he said that would make it level, but I see you have taller blocks on yours. Hmmmm, yours looks nice and level. Did you do the install yourself? If so how hard was it and how long did it take. Any problems?
Uuumm, I would get the 2.5" blocks for the rear.

Not any major problems installing except you need to order cam bolts for the front so your truck will align properly.
Also, DO NOT drive with the new tires to the alignment shop or you will mess them up BAD. I drove with my old tires/wheels while the new wheels were in the bed. BTW, the old (front) tires are worn uneven to hell after driving about 10 miles on them...

If have done suspension work before it should be a cake walk.
If not, just take your time and remember to replace the front shocks only AFTER you replace the spindles otherwise your f*cked.
For the back, you need to torque the u-bolts to 120-130 ft-lbs. MAKE SURE YOU USE A TORQUE WRENCH. If you already know all this-- sorry for posting if not, let me know if you need more info...

Old 08-27-2001, 05:03 PM
You, mention the shocks, I didnt think about that. Do you need to replace all of them? The front travel doesnt increase so I wouldnt see why I would have to do those but the rear however does increase. What did you end up putting on yours? Also what is the problem you mentioned with installing the front shocks?

Quick Reply: Fab-Tech vs Pro-Comp 2wd Lifting, Pros and Cons...