RCD 5" lift and cranking the torsion bars = problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RCD 5" lift and cranking the torsion bars = problem?

I was reading several posts about RCD suspension. It sounds like the lift i am going to get but the only thing that worries me is that RCD only lowers the differential about 2" increasing the CV joint angle. Now thats not the problem, the problem is i wanted to crank the torsion bars to gain another 1.5" of lift. Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldnt that put huge stress on the CV joint by increasing the angle so much? Thanks for any comments, suggestions, and opinions!

Old 07-18-2001, 08:25 PM
YES...I'm glad you brought this up.

Now I know a few of you guys on this forum swear by RCD and I'm saying every kit but hear me out.
RCD makes good quality kits but their major downfall is like you said, they do not lower the diff all the way. In fact I have heard of a few people snapping endlinks and having to replace their CVs because of this so beware.

Old 07-20-2001, 02:36 PM
For everyone who has RCD or is familiar with it...would you agree with my statement or disagree. I hope i'm wrong because i loved everything else about RCD, but i want to crank the torsion bars 1.5" but dont want any probs with my front end.
Is there any other 5" lift that i COULD crank the torsion bars. I think the only other 5" lift is the Superlift...correct? Thanks again

Quick Reply: RCD 5" lift and cranking the torsion bars = problem?