Need Help! Can you answer my questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help! Can you answer my questions.

I have a 1998 3-door F150 4x4, I'm wanting to crank the torsion bars this weekend some. Is this hard to do, and one size tires will i be able to run on a 17" rim? 33's or 35's maybe? Just wondering...and also it has rusted some on the bottom of the door sills a lil, what would be a good way to go about fixing this?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Just jack up the front support it by jackstands under the frame (never get under a truck without jackstands) and turn the torsion bolts until you get your desired height. You can clear 35x12.50's as long as you have a narrow rim and the right backspacing. Don't forget to get an alignment when your done either.

As for your door sills post a picture of how bad it is so we can point you in the right direction.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
i'm new to here so i dont know to post a pic of my truck on a thread...there are pics of it on my profile though

Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Try uploading to a website like photobucket and then copy and past the link it gives you that has the [img] tags around it. As for your door, your only real options with holes that size is to cut it out (the only way to stop it from spreading) and weld in a new door sill. Or buy a whole new door or door shell and replace it, anyway you do it it's not gonna be cheap or easy. As for now I'd highly consider buying a can of that rubberized paint and coating all inside that whole and possibly around the outside to help stop it from getting worse.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
well i am an experienced welder so i may be able to cut the door sill out and weld a new one in my self, i wasnt sure if there was anything i could with bondo on it, once i get if fixed i want to spray the bottoms on the side down the truck black bedliner

Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM
You could try to patch it with a small piece of metal, but I think those holes are just too big for bondo to have anything to support it properly and chances are next time the weather got really cold that bondo would shrink just enough for it to fall out.

I've heard you can also rub old motor oil or vasoline over the rust too to help prevent it from spreading.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 PM
well i live in GA, the weather gets cold here but not extreme cold but i think i'ma try to weld a piece in it

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Yea that'd be your best bet. Just don't forget anywhere that has rust on the inside needs to go too, otherwise it'll just come back. And while your at it, I'd check all around the door and look for any cracks for moisture to get in and run some clear silicon over it.

Quick Reply: Need Help! Can you answer my questions.