best coilovers? or best 6in-10in lift set up

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best coilovers? or best 6in-10in lift set up

what are the best coilovers on the market or best ones off road and whats a good set up i wanna redo my 6in fabtech lift i wanna do some traction bars full set of leafs to get rid of blocks and coilovers that have some nice travel with disconnect swaybars and thinkin to add a 3in body lift to the truck to fit 37s? HELP PLEASE lol thanks

Old 06-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Suspended
for price i'd go with fabtech or pro comp. you only need adjustability through 8-8.5" (max suspension lift with a 6" lift) which both coil overs from them will do. there are definitely better options but for the price those would be my top two choices.

if you want 37's you only need 8" of lift so no need for 10"+ of lift. if you do end up at 8" suspension and 3" body you can fit a 38" or possibly 40" tire.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by itsafordthing22
what are the best coilovers on the market or best ones off road and whats a good set up i wanna redo my 6in fabtech lift i wanna do some traction bars full set of leafs to get rid of blocks and coilovers that have some nice travel with disconnect swaybars and thinkin to add a 3in body lift to the truck to fit 37s? HELP PLEASE lol thanks
King, Sway-a-way, Fabtech, Pro Comp, and I think FAO all make very nice coilovers for a 6" lift. Fox does make coilovers for OEM applications however they don't make a 6" lift version. I called three different times to see if Fox would custom make a pair for my truck but they told me no each time. I have the King's on the front of my truck as well as the 2.5" piggyback rear and they have been the best shocks I have ever had.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:03 PM
For the price and level of customer service I have had with my Sway-a-way's, I'd buy them again in a heart beat!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
FOA coilovers are pretty reasonably priced because they're newer to the market than fox and king and there still trying to make a name for themselves. But I've heard generally good stuff about them and they're what I'm gonna be running once I convert over to long travel. I would give them a call, I'm pretty sure they'll do custom lengths and mount designs if they don't have what your looking for on their website.

Quick Reply: best coilovers? or best 6in-10in lift set up