Old 09-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by offroadn'98
Do not buy this.
Thanks!!!

Also thanks for the info on crankin the keys. Wasn't sure if i needed an alignment or anything once i was done with that. Im gonna try to get the stock fx4 wheels then run something like a 33 or 34 inch tall tire on them with only crankin keys to level. Thats the look i want for now. Once my lil boys bigger then im gonna put a new motor and go to 37's or 38's but for now just want a lil bigger plus i need new tires anyway. Figure i might as well do what i want all at one time.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I've been on the hunt for lariat wheels with no luck yet, atleast not at a price i wanna pay anyway. I think that look with some 34's would look sweet. I'm actually considering going down to that size, i like the look so much. Be sure to post some pictures up when ya get it done.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Kinda sounds repetative haha
I like it tho.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:42 PM
well i didn't know you could fit such a big tire under the truck with very little lift. this is my first ford so this is all new. I've done several chevy's and k5 blazers. This screw has high high miles but i needed the 4 doors and 4x4. I was originally going to do the keys with a block in rear and new shocks and run a 285 on 17 inch fx4 wheels when i find some. Now im going to purchase the 305/65-17 falken wildpeaks. I really love the tire and will do great for my type of driving. I know i could fit bigger but i think with crackn the keys and fx4 wheels those tires will look great and give me the look im going for. Once my lil man is a couple years old im for sure going to do the 6'bds and maybe even 3 more inches and step up to some big meaty tires. So if anyone knows of a set of fx4 wheels for a good price let me know. My truck is an xlt but has 16 inch aluminum wheels kinda like a 5 spoke. Not sure what the lariat wheels are your looking for though. I've seen the ones i have and then some ugly ugly chrome looking ones. Im prob no help being as this is my second ford i've ever owned. Last one was a 95 f-150 and i drove 4000 miles in 14 months on it. Cost me more to repair it then i paid for it. Was allowed almost 4000 trade in though on a chevy so i didn't complain lol. Anyway im way off subject, but thanks again guys. Ill get some pics up of my screw first chance i get. Nothing special about it now at all. Heck it has 206,xxx miles on it. Im just hoping it doesnt break down on me lol

Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah the lariats are 17" chrome. You don't even have to crank your t-bars with 305/65r17 if you don't wanna.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Ok so i finally broke down and purchased some 285/75/16 terra grapplers because i never found a set of fx4 wheels. Im fixing to crank keys 1 and 1/4" to level it then get a front end alignment. I was told by a local shop that going to do my alignment that i would deff need new shocks 2" longer in front and stock in rear but new. Said my ride would be smooth and give me lift i want. I was thinking about the 5100 series bilsteins. What do you guys think? is this correct i need to replace shocks with longer ones after cranking my keys up?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No...he is very incorrect. Cranking the torsion bars DOES NOT constitute a lift, and it does not require longer shocks. With torsion bars cranked, your truck still takes a completely stock replacement shock in the front. 5100's are for lifted trucks. For your truck you will want the HD's. Exact same shock minus the color and it's for the stock height truck.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
No...he is very incorrect. Cranking the torsion bars DOES NOT constitute a lift, and it does not require longer shocks. With torsion bars cranked, your truck still takes a completely stock replacement shock in the front. 5100's are for lifted trucks. For your truck you will want the HD's. Exact same shock minus the color and it's for the stock height truck.
Thank you Galaxy.
The reason i guess im asking so many questions is because i've talked to 6 different off road performance shops and they all gave me a different answer. half of them liked the keys and half didn't. It seems everyone i talk to gives a different answer. I've only talked to 2 people that actually had the keys and i could see the trucks. One drove great and he loved them, the other said it was alil rough but wouldn't let me drive it. 5 of the 6 shops did tell me to get a 2" longer shock with cranking the keys up vs new keys new shocks. Anyway, i guess i've asked so many people i've over complicated things. I JUST DON'T WANT A ROUGH RIDE lol
My 285's don't rub in anyway, but i can see the truck not setting level and it bugs me!!! I want it to be leveled and have 2 more inches of lift with these tires and eventually aftermarket wheels. later i will do a bigger lift but for now that is what i want.
I guess i should just stop asking too many questions and do something, then bitch about it later LOL

Old 01-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just crank your stock keys up as far as they'll go and get a shock you like. Be happy with that until you can get your lift!

Old 02-09-2011, 05:48 PM
T bar, shocks, and a block= 315s with ease

Quick Reply: 01 Screw Best Lift