How much to install Add-A-Leaf

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much to install Add-A-Leaf

So I got my pro comp add-a-leaf the other day. I'm going to have my local shop put it on while they're mounting my new tires. I would normally do it myself, but my back won't allow it (unless epidural #2 tomorrow works miracles). How much is reasonable to expect to pay? An hour or two?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Somewhere in the ball park of $250-$500 Im thinking.
Hate to hear about your back, my wife works for a spine pain and rehab center and we know all to well about back problems...lol

I have had 3 injections in my lower back so far.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the info. I asked the guy who was working on my wife's car the other day and he said probably 2 hours labor, but I'm going to talk to the owner because he usually cuts me a better deal since we go there so often.

Not to threadjack my own thread, but did you get much relief from the injections? I had the first one 5 weeks ago and felt great for 2-3 days, then went back to the pain. Mild sciatica started last year around December, diagnosed with a herniated L4/L5 in April, and for the last 3 weeks I've had severe muscle spasms, tingling in my ankle, and have been moving like a 90 year old man (I'm 28). Been doing PT since diagnosed, tried acupuncture too (waste of $$ for me), different muscle relaxers, pain killers, steroids. This is kind of my last ditch effort before considering surgery.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah, surgery hardly ever works and most of the time, leaves you feeling like it made things worse.
First injection usually does only last temporarily and you have to follow it up with more.
My first one did exactly that, lasted a week and then it was back to the drawing board. Doc then decided to hit me again with another dose and this time it lasted almost two-three weeks.
On the final visit, he told me that he was gonna give me a third injection, but that was the limit for the year. He gave me the shot and It worked wonders.
You have to be sure that your doctor gets the medicine right in the exact spot of the pain. If not you will only feel some relief and then only temporarily.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:32 AM
The first one gave me almost complete relief for the short while it lasted. How long ago was your third one (sounds like its still workin for ya)?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikiedoo
Somewhere in the ball park of $250-$500 Im thinking.
WOW ! Shop rates must be much higher on the east coast. A professional alignment shop did my AS front lift and Skyjacker AAL with the post lift alignment for $250. The main thing is going with someone you can trust.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I bought my AAL and had it installed all for $330 at Fourwheel Parts. On to backs. Im only twenty and have severe bulging discs in my lower back with scatia and the whole nine yards. The best thing i have ever done was buy an inversion table http://backworks.com/images/Inversion%20Table. It sounds and looks stupid i know.. but it decompresses your back and will make it feel like a million bucks.. hell throw in a few sit ups while your on it to keep your core strong. Thats how I keep my back pain at a bearable level. I work construction and it even keeps me going. So i know it will help most people.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Turd Fergy
The first one gave me almost complete relief for the short while it lasted. How long ago was your third one (sounds like its still workin for ya)?

Oh yeah, its been over a year now. Just gotta be careful what I lift and even simple things like bending over to tie my shoes. Stuff normal people dont give a thought to, I think about all the time to avoid going through that again.

Back still gets tight and gives some discomfort at times, but thats normal at my age...40 ..

Old 09-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Mine went fine, he went in at more of a side angle this time. Not too uncomfortable and 24 hours later, I'm feeling the beginnings of relief (I know it takes a day or two to kick in). Got out of bed this morning and the sciatica and muscle spasms weren't as bad. Was actually able to put shorts on without sitting on the edge of the bed. Amazing

I talked to my mechanic yesterday and since I'm already paying for the tires and an alignment, he said he'd charge an extra 85 to throw on the add a leaf.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 AM
$85 is a great price. I don't have any pain issues and would probably pay that price instead of doing it myself. It's not hard, but is usually easier with two people getting everything to line back up.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah I'm going to be having him do it.

The epidural was nice while it lasted. Felt great the next morning, and by mid afternoon, the pain was back. By evening, it was just as bad a s before. The next day went the same, except instead of waking up 75% better, it was 50%. This morning it was 25%. Calling my neurologist to try to get another MRI and another opinion since its gotten so much worse in the last 6 mos. Also got a prescription for Lyrica which I started today. Ugh.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Nice multi-thread, kinda skimmed the whole thing to stay with the AAL part of it!

But anyway, I asked the guys where I got my truck lifted how much it would be to put an AAL in the rear to make the truck sit level (its about 1.5" low in the back) and they quoted me $300 to do it. Thats parts and labor though.

To all: Good luck with the back pains

Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
I ordered the pro comp AAL through Summit

Old 09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
i bought my AAL for 90 and had 4 wheelparts install it for 90 so for 85 looks like you got a good deal

Old 09-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I just felt the need to let you know my wife's cat is named turd furguson and he has no back issues. Also does that kit come with U-bolts? You might end up needing them. I'm not sure what they put on the roads in the winter in new york, but down here they have this new sticky stuff thats ruining EVERYTHING. Had a 05 F250 at work that the rear end fell out of cuz the U-bolts rusted and broke.

Last edited by stewy 39; 09-22-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: How much to install Add-A-Leaf