Lowering My 2008 F150 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering My 2008 F150 Lariat

I just bought this 2008 F150 Lariat SCREW but it sits way too high for me. This will be just a street truck. Plus I am not a big fan of climbing on Running Boards to get in/out of the truck and want to get rid of them. I got a quote from my local shop using a Belltech Kit to lower the Front 2 in. and the rear 4 in. which should lower & level it out. The total kit was $765 and Labor was $400. In taking measurements, it should not look like a low-rider, but I should still have good clearances.

My quesitons are:
1. Belltech says that I HAVE to use their shocks for the front and they only offer a 2-year warranty, (I am a Monroe Max fan).
2. Has anyone gone down this road before and will I notice a difference in noise or the way the truck drives, handles, rides, etc.?

Thanks guys!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I ran the 3" belltech coils with stock shocks and it would bottom out the shock on large bumps but with a 2" coil I'm guessing you would be ok with stock shocks. I've got the coils, belltech shocks and some other lowering parts for sale if youre interested pm me. The good thing about the belltech shocks in the front is you can adjust the height from 1" lift to 3" lowering.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do the drop yourself man
its easy as pie

Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jeffsaflyer
My quesitons are:
1. Belltech says that I HAVE to use their shocks for the front and they only offer a 2-year warranty, (I am a Monroe Max fan).

2. Has anyone gone down this road before and will I notice a difference in noise or the way the truck drives, handles, rides, etc.?

Thanks guys!
1. No you dont HAVE to use their shocks with only a 2" drop but it will ride better if you do.

2. If you alter your suspension at all you will notice all the changes you listed. If you do a 2/4 drop and want a decent ride I'd suggest getting the belltech adjustable struts like 07Screw150 mentioned and the belltech street performance drop shocks for the rear.

Originally Posted by 07ScrewF150
I ran the 3" belltech coils with stock shocks and it would bottom out the shock on large bumps but with a 2" coil I'm guessing you would be ok with stock shocks. I've got the coils, belltech shocks and some other lowering parts for sale if youre interested pm me. The good thing about the belltech shocks in the front is you can adjust the height from 1" lift to 3" lowering.
+1 on the adjustable struts. I have Mcgaughy's 2" coils and the belltech struts on the -1" setting. I noticed a MAJOR difference in the ride when I switched out the stockers for the belltechs and got another inch of drop too.

Originally Posted by coobies5
do the drop yourself man
its easy as pie
+1 save the $400 and do it yourself

Old 08-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Sorry 07ScrewF150, I just now read your post and I placed the Order this morning for my Kit.

I talked to Tom at Belltech who was a wealth of knowledge. Since I am only doing 2-3 inches in the Front and 4-5 inches in the Rear, he told me to just keep my Factory Springs and install their Street Shocks. Then for the Rear, install their Shackles, their Street Shocks, then remove the 2-inch Factory Block, and that should give me the 4-5 inch drop in the Rear. The non-advertised Belltech Kit for this is P/N935SP, and sells for about $505. I would like to do this myself, but I don't have access to a Spring Compressor and for this project, I think I would like the "pros" to handle this. Tom at Belltech told me to expect a little firmer, tighter, more responsive ride, but not uncomfortable. He said that there would not be any additional noise.

Thank-you all for your feedback!

Jeff

Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
whats your location?

and FYI autozone rents the spring compressor for a deposit, and all your money is returned when you bring the tool back

Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Or you could just buy a spring compressor, they aren't that expensive.

I have a Ground Force 2/4 drop with Eibach shocks/coilover struts. Rides like a dream.

Trending Topics

Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Just joined the forum thought I would throw my 2 cents in. You might contact a local shop to change your springs. In this day and time they would more than likely be happy to change your springs. I own a shop and we do this for people all the time. Better a little money than nothing.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jeffsaflyer
Sorry 07ScrewF150, I just now read your post and I placed the Order this morning for my Kit.

I talked to Tom at Belltech who was a wealth of knowledge. Since I am only doing 2-3 inches in the Front and 4-5 inches in the Rear, he told me to just keep my Factory Springs and install their Street Shocks. Then for the Rear, install their Shackles, their Street Shocks, then remove the 2-inch Factory Block, and that should give me the 4-5 inch drop in the Rear. The non-advertised Belltech Kit for this is P/N935SP, and sells for about $505. I would like to do this myself, but I don't have access to a Spring Compressor and for this project, I think I would like the "pros" to handle this. Tom at Belltech told me to expect a little firmer, tighter, more responsive ride, but not uncomfortable. He said that there would not be any additional noise.

Thank-you all for your feedback!

Jeff
If you have an autozone, oreillys, advanced auto, etc they will loan you a spring compressor if that is the only thing stopping you.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Good to see another lowered truck around!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:46 PM
If you put 4x2 shocks in the front it will lower close to 2" in drop if you have a 4x4, also I removed the 2" factory blocks and added 4x2 shocks and drop shackle got close to 5" drop in the rear, pics are in my album. I bought the shocks at Roush over stock.

Quick Reply: Lowering My 2008 F150 Lariat