12" Rize for cheap??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99% sure you'll need new driveshafts; luckily your in TX and they are fairly cheap statewide. Find a good driveline shop and they should be less than 500 bucks front and rear. I think I payed 350 up here in the panhandle for both brand new fabed from scratch

Old 01-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hijack, but Mhockey if you decide to sell your Skyjacker i would be glad to take it off your hands..

Old 01-17-2010, 03:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's cheaper to go lower.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Like Matt said you will need a new drive shaft front and rear. I had both done also on a 8 inch rize. The only way you could get around this is with a custom leaf pack that moves the rear axle forward. This would be a problem cause then your tires would look goofy in the wheel well. The front I bet would not work at such a radical angle and the stock shaft.

I'd figure another 1K + for rear leaf springs and another 300-650 in drive shafts.

Coil-overs front and piggy backs rear run north of 2K +++ for the big name guys.

Do it!!! hahaa

Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sbchris
Like Matt said you will need a new drive shaft front and rear. I had both done also on a 8 inch rize. The only way you could get around this is with a custom leaf pack that moves the rear axle forward. This would be a problem cause then your tires would look goofy in the wheel well. The front I bet would not work at such a radical angle and the stock shaft.

I'd figure another 1K + for rear leaf springs and another 300-650 in drive shafts.

Coil-overs front and piggy backs rear run north of 2K +++ for the big name guys.

Do it!!! hahaa

Have you seen anyone do a coilover for the 12" rize? I hadn't see one with them yet; If they did I figured they would just do a longer machined bottom end. I was also curious if you could fit more coil space in there..

Of course I know of only about 6 people with a 12" rize None of them did a coilover setup

Old 01-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Not sure how they do it but they do.

This Rize truck has them

On my setup SAW left the bottom extension the same as the 6 inch kit and just built the rod and threaded body bigger.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Suspended
I keep tabs on this. I always check for deals on the Rize kits on ebay. Last month they had the "buy it now" price for $2500. This months it's $2800. I emailed them to ask how they can afford to do this and if they have an 8" kit for a good price. They haven't responded. I even asked Rize since they have a shop here. They don't know how it's possible either. Maybe they have one laying around that they want to get rid of. I don't know. I'm a little skeptical. On another note, I saw a truck at eliminator motorsports in Santee, San Diego that had the King coilover 2.5 remote resi's. It had modified driveshafts. The Rize website said it needs to be done with the 12" kit; I would take their word for it.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:27 PM
this is the same guy i got my kit from, only for a bit cheaper. great dude to deal with! mhockey, tell him i sent you there and maybe you can get it for a bit cheaper! Tell him Matt from chicago sent you and you want it for $2500 shipped!

If you going to do this, i wouldnt bother getting leafs from topguncustomz or anything like that, they are to expensive, i got a set of 11" lift leads from bulletproof suspension, they get them direct from Atlas leaf and any lift size you want, 10" 15" ect. is $760 a set. so it was a nice deal.

Im curious to see what Fox is going to do for a 12" lift coilover to guys haha. thats who im going with for my stuff so well see in a month or two!

I put the truck together tonight, its HUGE!

oh and the reason they are selling for cheap is because they are going out of buisness and have 4-5 of these kits laying around.

Last edited by Eff One Fifty; 01-17-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
this is the same guy i got my kit from, only for a bit cheaper. great dude to deal with! mhockey, tell him i sent you there and maybe you can get it for a bit cheaper! Tell him Matt from chicago sent you and you want it for $2500 shipped!

If you going to do this, i wouldnt bother getting leafs from topguncustomz or anything like that, they are to expensive, i got a set of 11" lift leads from bulletproof suspension, they get them direct from Atlas leaf and any lift size you want, 10" 15" ect. is $760 a set. so it was a nice deal.

Im curious to see what Fox is going to do for a 12" lift coilover to guys haha. thats who im going with for my stuff so well see in a month or two!

I put the truck together tonight, its HUGE!

oh and the reason they are selling for cheap is because they are going out of buisness and have 4-5 of these kits laying around.

Alright thanks i would pull the trigger now and buy it but i will email him right now and see if that can happen. But no matter what now im gonna be pulling the trigger on this lift guys

Old 01-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by fx4wakeboarder
Sorry to hijack, but Mhockey if you decide to sell your Skyjacker i would be glad to take it off your hands..
Double Post

Last edited by mhockey9090; 01-17-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM
yeah i will be glad to sell it too yah. Also i just re painted the skid plates and i will clean everything really well and prob end up painting it for yah. As for the rear i wont be able to give yah the 6inch leaf packs i got with it bc i will need them till i can afford a set of leaf packs or may just get traction bars

Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by sbchris
Not sure how they do it but they do.

This Rize truck has them

On my setup SAW left the bottom extension the same as the 6 inch kit and just built the rod and threaded body bigger.

Crap, Guess I never payed that much attention to that Deberti Designs truck :o

King does the reverse, same body and rod; but a longer machined end to the LCA.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Sounds good man, just let me know if you end up wanting to sell your old kit.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Sounds good man, just let me know if you end up wanting to sell your old kit.
oh most deff i will sell it. Ill just clean it really good and all that good stuff

Old 01-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Does anyone know if there was any cutting for the install of a skyjacker lift and if i may run into problems with this trying to install the rize lift. Also does rize's lift require any cutting of any sort?

Quick Reply: 12" Rize for cheap??