Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25

I have a question for those who know a lot about shocks. My new Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25's just came in and I was installing the bushings and noticed that one shock is stiffer than the other and also one shock extends significantly slower than the other after compressing it. The one that is not stiff and does not extend quickly seemed to be really greasy and had some sort of grease saturated on the box. Should I send this shock back or is this normal?

SLOWER/SOFTER

FASTER/STIFFER

Last edited by blackf150337; 12-29-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:03 PM

The stiffness is most likely the valving. My king coilovers are going in this week for revalving due to stiffness, and possibly a dual-rate spring setup. The rears will be getting revalved as well to match the fronts.

The greasyness could just be from someone assembling them, BUT if you even think they have leaked call fabtech or whoever you bought from and see whats up. I don't think the grease is normal, neither is a saturated box My kings came dry and non-greasy, so definitely look into it.

Also if you think they are too stiff you should talk to Sonny at Down South Motorsports (www.downsouthmotorsports.com). I'm not sure if he works on Fabtech stuff, I don't see why not, but he has done all my shock work and really does top notch work. Not to mention he knows nearly everyone at King, Fox, Icon, Sway-a-way, etc.. He is very well connected so chances are he will be able to help with your issue. Plus all he does is build, rebuild, sell and service shocks and coilovers

Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 AM

hey thanks for the info. i finally got a hold of my friend that owns an off-road shop, and he said that he thinks there is a busted seal in one of them...the stiffness in the other is correct but the greasy one is leaking...have to wait for fabtech to respond to my email to see what im going to do about it

Quick Reply: Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25