Does this happen to anyone else with a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this happen to anyone else with a lift?

So lately i've been noticing more and more that people bright light me as i'm passing them b/c they apparently think I have my bright lights on. However, I always have my fog lights on so it seems to me if they had any sense they could tell i'm not running brights. I just hope after I actually do brighten them (after they do it to me) that they feel like the jack*** they are
Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has this issue /end rant

Old 12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Im not sure if you have or not, but you should change the angle of your headlights due to the lift. With the front end being that much higher and also not pointed down like a stock truck without levelling kit is the lights are not pointing directly in the eyes of other drivers making it very difficult to see. As far as the fog lights go, i flash people with fog lights on because they make it a bitch to see as well. If you don't need the fog lights on why have them on? They dont look all that cool and make it very hard for others to see but thats just my opinion and rant because fog lights are one thing that bother me alot.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
ha yeah i use to get flashed every so often with my stock lights but now its about the same with my hids.

to the guy above me: there is a big difference in flashing people that have fog lights on and people with high beams. the high beams are illegal but no matter how many times you flash someone with fog lights they are still completely legal.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You probably need to adjust your heads and fogs to point back down to stock level.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I understand that fog lights are legal, and I am not trying to start a fight about them either I am just saying with many trucks, fog lights make it very difficult for oncoming traffic to see.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:41 PM
I use my fog lights because they are legal and they provide a noticeable difference. I always have them on. And no I have not had my headlights adjusted. I just find it amusing that people bright light me when I'm not running brights.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by st1nn3tt
And no I have not had my headlights adjusted. I just find it amusing that people bright light me when I'm not running brights.
I always thought high beams where just a different angle. If so, not adjusting your headlights after putting on the lift is just like having your high beams on.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Keeks
I always thought high beams where just a different angle. If so, not adjusting your headlights after putting on the lift is just like having your high beams on.
Yes, on most cars high beams are just an angle adjustment. Some have an extra set of lights too.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Happens to me every so often. I usually flash my brights and my aux behind grille lights back at them.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dnasty777
Happens to me every so often. I usually flash my brights and my aux behind grille lights back at them.
That's what I like to hear. One of my buddies has a dodge ram with a 10 inch lift. He has 6 serious offroad lights and he lights the world up when people do this to him Makes me want some offroad lights everytime I ride with him.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I get flashed alot and I only have a 3" level, so then I hit the brights and they are still flashing their brights at me... idiots. I do want to adjust them down just to save myself and everyone else the trouble of getting worked up about getting blinded.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:17 PM
i get flashed 24/7 when i have my headlights on, but i usually just drive with my marker lights on and my fogs, no headlights.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:17 AM
i get flashed all the time !, but i blind the **** outta ppl with my brights becuase i dont give a damn

Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by st1nn3tt
That's what I like to hear. One of my buddies has a dodge ram with a 10 inch lift. He has 6 serious offroad lights and he lights the world up when people do this to him Makes me want some offroad lights everytime I ride with him.
Originally Posted by Dnasty777
Originally Posted by Justin_w32
I get flashed alot and I only have a 3" level, so then I hit the brights and they are still flashing their brights at me... idiots. I do want to adjust them down just to save myself and everyone else the trouble of getting worked up about getting blinded.
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
i get flashed 24/7 when i have my headlights on, but i usually just drive with my marker lights on and my fogs, no headlights.
Originally Posted by backwoodsboy70
i get flashed all the time !, but i blind the **** outta ppl with my brights becuase i dont give a damn
Just so I'm clear, ya'll are breaking the law (more than 2 lights illuminated into oncoming traffic - brights count as 4), creating an unsafe driving condition (2 vehicles approaching each other and neither driver can see), and you're proud of it?

Sorry, but I just don't see the logic. Am I missing something?

In case you didn't know most HID conversion kits and other after market headlights are approved for off road use only.

Better hope you're never in an accident. If you survive, it will be your fault and you might be charged with gross negligence.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Just so I'm clear, ya'll are breaking the law (more than 2 lights illuminated into oncoming traffic - brights count as 4), creating an unsafe driving condition (2 vehicles approaching each other and neither driver can see), and you're proud of it?

Sorry, but I just don't see the logic. Am I missing something?

In case you didn't know most HID conversion kits and other after market headlights are approved for off road use only.

Better hope you're never in an accident. If you survive, it will be your fault and you might be charged with gross negligence.
Yes, you are missing something. I'm not doing anything illegal. In fact, it's the other driver who is doing something illegal. They are hitting me with their bright lights (and I do NOT have mine on) which is illegal in GA. I am only returning the favor

Quick Reply: Does this happen to anyone else with a lift?