Stiff rear leafs springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stiff rear leafs springs

I have 98 f150 4x4 with the BDS 6" lift with the rear leaf springs. The rear leafs are really stiff. I have tried cycling them and have even replaced the rear shocks with some Bilstien 5150's. The 5150's did help some but they still are stiff. My rear end feels like it hops off the ground instead of absorbing. Anyone have any suggestions for loosing them up?

Thanks guys!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the stiffness is the downside to arched lift springs. there is nothing you can do to fix that. you need to put the stock springs back in, and find a solid 6'' block to lift your rear end.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
OUCH!! Not really what I wanted to hear! I paid the extra buck for the new leaf springs cause the factory ones didnt look like they were in to good of shape. Then during the install the factory leafs came apart in pieces. So I was glad I went with the new leafs but now I wish I would have got the block and just got some leafs from the junk yard! Well now that I have them I guess I should just suck it up!!

Does anyone else run the 6" BDS rear leaf springs? Are yours stiff?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm running a pair of Atlas Springs under my truck. They netted me like 4'' of true lift. They have 8 leaves per pack under them, this is part of the reason mine are stiff as hell when I hit a bump or something. However, on the highway, they ride good.

Let me ask you this... How many leaves are in each of your spring packs?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
They have 8 leaves per pack under them, this is part of the reason mine are stiff as hell when I hit a bump or something. However, on the highway, they ride good.

Quick Reply: Stiff rear leafs springs