Noise after replacing ball joints ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise after replacing ball joints ??

hi guys, so i replaced the upper balljoints (A-arm assembly) on my 2004 XLT. after letting it down and taking it for a test run i have a metal to metal scraping noise coming from what sounds like the front right wheel ?? pulled the wheel off thinking the dust shield could be rubbing the rotor but its not, and everything else looks fine. It only happens upon acceleration and it drives fine, any ideas what it could be ? dont really want to drive it until i can figure it out.

thanks a bunch

Old 10-10-2009, 12:52 PM
have you gotten an alignment since doing the install? if the a-arms don't match the size of the old ones or they're not put in the exact same place as the old ones then your alignment will be off.

if you disassembled the entire front to do the uppers, make sure everything is tight and nothing has come loose. might want to go back and double check everything to make sure something didn't settle on the test drive.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Fixed !!

well it turned out that the vaccuum lines to the hub got pinched during reassembly causing the hub trying to lock while in 2WD and in turn giving the nasty grinding noise.

Quick Reply: Noise after replacing ball joints ??