anyone with skyjacker shocks...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone with skyjacker shocks...

did you notice that the bushings that came with the shocks are two different sizes? one has a larger inner diameter than the other...

mine came this way at least, and i called, and they said it shouldnt be that way. my thoughts though, how is it possible that i got two separate shocks that have the same issue with the included bushings??

nevertheless, the top mounts dont sit tightly, and produce a loud noise.

anyone else?

Old 08-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
usually the shocks will come with a hardware package with 2 or more steel sleeves. some are already installed. . now if it is the poly bushing that is not the right size then that would be odd since i beleive there all universal. so is it the bushing or the steel sleeve. I have a bunch of new sleeves from shocks in a box if you need a diffent one.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by midwestoffroad
usually the shocks will come with a hardware package with 2 or more steel sleeves. some are already installed. . now if it is the poly bushing that is not the right size then that would be odd since i beleive there all universal. so is it the bushing or the steel sleeve. I have a bunch of new sleeves from shocks in a box if you need a diffent one.
each box came with two packages (two bushings and two metal sleeves). Each bushing had a different size inner diameter and the metal sleeve was the same. So once installed, there was play in one of the bushing-sleeve combos while the other was a nice, snug fit.

Quick Reply: anyone with skyjacker shocks...