Rancho adjustable shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, I did not buy my Rancho struts and shocks on line. I do purchase from Truckaddons.com but I found that when I went to my local Les Schwab I found that the price was in the same ballpark and I did not have to pay for shipping. Their installation was quit reasonable so I went that rout. I hope this helps...

Last edited by jdruzik; 07-01-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I've got a question for this thread.

I've mentioned elswhere that my 08XL rides extremely rough after a 2" level. Would these shocks help me or would they just exasterbate the problem? The front suspension is plenty firm, will these shocks soften the ride or make it even more stiff?

Old 07-01-2009, 02:15 AM
There are a number of things that create a rough ride, the road, the tires, the truck bed empty or full, old shocks, and to a degree the leveling kit. These adjustable shocks will dampen and add quicker recovery from adverse conditions. Just remember that it is still a truck and will always feel different than a car...

Old 07-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realize it's a truck, my rough ride statement was based on a comparison of before and after my leveling. Now, I am still riding around on my 235/70's I know, don't be jealous. I'm hoping that when I get my larger tires (285/65) ,and add a little weight to the body with excessories, my ride will improve. The guys at the shop told me that the Regular Cab is such a light truck that is has a difficult time compressng the already compressed suspension. I was wondering if these shocks could lessen the pressure between the body and wheels enough to allow the front end to give a under a lighter load. Or, if they were meant for more offroad applications to help with challenging terrain. Right now, unless you really put your weight on the front end it barely moves.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Since a leveling kit does require the front coil springs to be compressed due to the spacers involved the ride will be more sensitive to the road. These shocks will adjust the recovery time that it takes, they dampen not soften the movement like all shocks are created to do. Shocks such as Rancho Quicklift and the Bilstein 5100s will provide leveling without the compression that spacers create but at a cost. Reports on this site and others cite this stating that the results are more like the stock ride. The Ranchos are adjustable the Bilsteins are not. If you ever want to do a suspension lift all these shocks will have to be replaced. I hope this helps. Remember, ride quality is always subjective.

Quick Reply: Rancho adjustable shocks