CCM Off Road and Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CCM Off Road and Performance

Anyone heard of this company or used their products? I'm thinking about getting this kit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Old 04-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by bigtex09
Anyone heard of this company or used their products? I'm thinking about getting this kit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
Well I don't know anything about that kit, actually first time that I have seen it. But you might want to rethink the 3" leveling kit up front, its little to much for the suspension. It will speed up the wear on the cv's and ball joints.

But I am not trying to get you to change your mind, just wanted to warn you about it, if you didn't know. There's also a lot of info on this site about why not to get the 3".

Old 04-27-2009, 07:46 PM
yeah, i've went through the other threads about it. I was reading that 4x2 wouldn't be as bad as raising a 4x4. I got a 4x2 and will be highway driving 99% of the time. that's why i was considering 3"

Old 04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
On my 2 wheel drive, I went with a combination of a coil spring spacer and an add-a-leaf. With the polyurethane coil spring spacer, I got about 2.5 inches of lift and did not have to worry about metal on metal rubbing & fatigue. The add-a-leaf kept my bed up, maintained a slight rake, stiffened my rear end, and improved driveability with the bed loaded & while towing. Most members here will refer you to the Auto Spring company's leveling kit because of their low pricing. A leveling kit will be easier to install, as opposed to a coil spring spacer, because you will not have to take the strut apart.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
PS.....A better, albeit more costly, method for raising your front end will be adjustable shocks.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 AM
gonna go with the Auto Springs kit because of their Steel rear blocks instead of aluminum

Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
i've heard nothing but bad things about AS rear blocks, ask FX4life.

As for the front, its a damn leveling kit. i dont know if you can get good or bad out of a spacer....

Old 04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Eff One Fifty;3705463]i've heard nothing but bad things about AS rear blocks, ask FX4life.
[QUOTE]

i'd like to hear his .02

anyone else that's had a bad experience with it too. i've read different opinions about the 3" front level but not to much on the rear blocks

Old 04-29-2009, 06:59 PM
i deleted all my PM's between me and him froma couple months back but i remember him telling me he bought a set and the block split, but dont quote me on that, all message him and tell him to come tell the story in here.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Eff is right, I was the one who had the AS blocks that split. I ordered a set of their 4" rear blocks and they where for lack of a better word a huge POS! They where hollow, and down the sides at all 4 corners, on each block, they split from top to bottom. AS customer service also said it was something I did that caused it, typical

The splits caused them to pop loudly when turning, and pop extremely bad when turning up a hill. If you ask me, they where a major safety hazard..

Old 04-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Hollow? I thought their blocks were supposed to be solid plate cut from flat bar. Guess they weld the 4" blocks. And whoever welded yours i guess was having a bad day. I'll take my chances. I did get the 1-1/2" rear leveling kit and the details say that it is solid steel, so that's what i'm expecting. And i don't expect solid steel to crack like that.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 AM
....by the way, your truck is badass

Old 04-30-2009, 11:40 PM
I would advise against the 3" kit... here it is on mine:

And those are taken with the truck on flat ground FYI

You do have a 2wd and since you say you'll be on the road 99% of the time, I would be less concerned about the level kit, but I would still shy away from the 3"... just my .02

Old 05-03-2009, 02:13 AM
I bought my 2.5" levelling kit form CCM and had no complaints. I bought online from Ebay and they shipped to my hotel when i was back in the US on business. Piece of cake.

The kit itself when I had my local Ford dealer have a look at it, said it looked good and was of high quality and was happy to do the install.

My only problem now is that I am experiencing a clunking noise when when my suspension extends to the maximum. It usually happens over speed bumps. What happens is that the upper control arm is contacting the spring. It been confirmed by the marks that have been left on the spring.

My local Ford dealer has no idea how to solve the problem. If its not stock they are USELESS!! Their solution was to take off the levelling kit. I guess thats the price i pay for being overseas - dealing with people with no F150 knowledge!! ;-)

Anyhow, I contacted CCM by email - but they never replied. So that is my only complaint against CCM. Otherwise the levelling kit is good, and the price was right.

Anyone have any ideas how I can stop the clunking?? Could it be the stock shocks I have? I only have 30,000 KM's on the truck, but I'd be happy to change the shocks if anyone could confirm that they are the problem.

Sorry for the hijack of the threat - im just desperate for some help!

Quick Reply: CCM Off Road and Performance