04-08 alignment stories

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to mention the fact that the whole dealership had to take a 5% pay cut, they took away our 401K match, which was only 2% of what we put in, oh yeah, they just put 30K into the body shop showroom so it would look better. I know what it takes to be in business. I'm not balking at that, but a situation that is only labor. I was making a point that what people make compared to what it actually takes to get it right. Besides the fact that most of the people doing the job are probably not qualified(or experienced enough) to do the work properly. You are barking up the wrong tree with your "overhead" defense.

By the way, the lot was purchased in 1961. I'm sure the building is pretty much paid for by now and that there is no rent. Oh yeah, the General Manager drives a Ferrari, and lives in a 3/4 Million dollar house on the waterfront, but I guess you're right, he needs to eat, too.

Last edited by bigbronc; 03-04-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
I recently replaced my upper control arms, and took it in for an alignment. Noticed afterward that the wheel wasn't quite straight. Brought it back and the guy was really cool and apologetic. Re-did it all, and now the wheel is messed up even worse, in the other direction. Guy told me that his alignment head must have gotten dropped or broken. Now I have to bring it back for try number three. I'm happy that they are cool and apologetic, but it drives me nuts driving with the wheel all jacked.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by mnponds
I recently replaced my upper control arms, and took it in for an alignment. Noticed afterward that the wheel wasn't quite straight. Brought it back and the guy was really cool and apologetic. Re-did it all, and now the wheel is messed up even worse, in the other direction. Guy told me that his alignment head must have gotten dropped or broken. Now I have to bring it back for try number three. I'm happy that they are cool and apologetic, but it drives me nuts driving with the wheel all jacked.
Sound like you need a new shop.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I had mine aligned at a local shop near the place that I got my exhaust done, a couple people recommended them.. Anywho, they did a pretty awesome job from what I can tell.. Even with the 35s and 6" lift I'm cruise pretty straight.. They did everything manual.. no machines from what I could see.

Anywho.. everything was all good until I got home.. Those Mother F'ers had spray painted a white line down my front tires!

It looked kinda like this.. lol

I was all WTF is this chit? I tried rubbing it off to no avail, so I drove back to the shop all pissed.. I spoke to the manager and told him to come out and take a look at my truck.. He was like, "okay..?" I asked him what color my truck was.. and asked him why do I have WHITE spray paint on my brand new M/T tires? "Can you not see the rest of my truck is all black?" lol.. long story short, I got my $75 back..

the paint wore off the tread obviously, but it was still inside the grooves.. I sprayed them down with some BLACK spray paint and everything was back to normal

Last edited by zeruin; 03-04-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I just had a 2" leveling kit added to my 2008 f 150 2wd. They spent an hour trying to get it aligned, came out and told me they couldnt get it in specs and took me out to show me why. The camber is adjusted on the lower control arm and with my truck it has a slot that will allow for camber to be adjusted but the slot isnt very big and would not line up even when pushed all the way. They said I needed eccentric cam bolts or whatever. I believed them, I saw for myself that there was simply no more room to move for adjustment. I trust these guys, but how come with the thousand leveling kits that have been installed not many mention the need for the eccentric bolts?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by fyrewalker
I just had a 2" leveling kit added to my 2008 f 150 2wd. They spent an hour trying to get it aligned, came out and told me they couldnt get it in specs and took me out to show me why. The camber is adjusted on the lower control arm and with my truck it has a slot that will allow for camber to be adjusted but the slot isnt very big and would not line up even when pushed all the way. They said I needed eccentric cam bolts or whatever. I believed them, I saw for myself that there was simply no more room to move for adjustment. I trust these guys, but how come with the thousand leveling kits that have been installed not many mention the need for the eccentric bolts?
What kind of leveling kit. My Autospring kit said only to adjust TOE after install. That is adjusted via tie rods.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
third times a charm... I just got my truck lifted a few months ago and i just got back from deployment a month ago but since i been driving it, it pulled to the left real bad. I got it aligned 3 times once a week pretty much since i been home, but finally it is true. I guess it is worth the money to get the alignment warranty, for me anyways.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:27 AM
^ I lied it still wont stay aligned, What is the part number for the eccentric bolts?

Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
ive had sooooooooooo many problems its not even funnny i ****in hate this ifs front end!, and now i wanna crank my coils more there prob not even cranked 2 in but the bottom bolt wont go in more so it wont work idk wat to do the shop said its impossible to get more i think there full of ****! , please help me

Old 11-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by backwoodsboy70
ive had sooooooooooo many problems its not even funnny i ****in hate this ifs front end!, and now i wanna crank my coils more there prob not even cranked 2 in but the bottom bolt wont go in more so it wont work idk wat to do the shop said its impossible to get more i think there full of ****! , please help me
backwoodsboy70 - I am sending you a PM.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:15 PM
This is what I just bought -NorthStar Part # 44-789 , Advance Auto carries them for 60.00 bucks I am getting the shop to put them on monday for free. It is 4 alignment bolts eccentric (spl) but they should do the job hopefully.

Quick Reply: 04-08 alignment stories