Rze Rear Add a leaf Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rze Rear Add a leaf Question

I just put on an 8" rize and im bumpin it up to a 10" with coilovers and Add-a leafs,

my question is are the leafs as strong or if not stronger than stock,

i do alot of work that includes using the bed and i wouldnt want them collapsing . Any info would help.

Thanks alot
-Sal

Old 12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I dont think you will have any problems with any kind/size aal. A 4" aal like you would need will probably be a long leaf so you should have no problems loading down the bed or towing. A long leaf will keep a smoother ride back there, I beleive any aal should help with sag under load though... A short leaf would stiffen the ride noticeably but give better performance under load (decreased sag).

Old 12-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks for responding. Yeah I figured that a long leaf would give a smoother ride aswell as perform well under stress.

So your sayin I should not go with the 2", go with the 4"? And get a smaller spacer.

P.S I love your truck I looked at all your albums last night I lovee the grill and light setup

Originally Posted by FX4life
I dont think you will have any problems with any kind/size aal. A 4" aal like you would need will probably be a long leaf so you should have no problems loading down the bed or towing. A long leaf will keep a smoother ride back there, I beleive any aal should help with sag under load though... A short leaf would stiffen the ride noticeably but give better performance under load (decreased sag).

Old 12-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by sal150
Thanks for responding. Yeah I figured that a long leaf would give a smoother ride aswell as perform well under stress.

So your sayin I should not go with the 2", go with the 4"? And get a smaller spacer.

P.S I love your truck I looked at all your albums last night I lovee the grill and light setup

Thanks man
TexanAviator has the aal setup you need to check out, he is bumped to 10" with an aal in the rear. He used a 4" aal with the rize 6" block to get 10", with the rize kit you should have gotten a 2" aal and a 6" block to get 8". His is dead level so you should not need to get smaller blocks. The only way you would need that is if you went like me with whole new leafpacks in which case you would probably lose some payload capacity depending on what you got.

Quick Reply: Rze Rear Add a leaf Question