CV Boot!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CV Boot!

So I changed my oil yesterday, put in some royal purple. Anyway, I noticed that my passenger side boot has a tear/rip/etc. in it. gease is getting slung everywhere! So I drove down to the ford dealership and showed them. They schedualed my truck to be fixed thursday morning, no charge to me. I only have 29000 mi on my truck witha 2" AS. I was shocked to see the boot gone already. The dealer also said that they are not replacing the boot anymore, the replace the entire axle. Anyway, it will be fixed.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, just had the same thing. Granted it was an original piece and turning 100k tomorrow with the leveling kit for about 10k now, but it just needed replaced. I didnt care, 100bux under warranty. Funny thing is I dont have an extended warranty but o well their loss. Got a free rental car because they had to order the piece and took 3 days. Next time when the driverside goes, I will have them order it then take the truck when the part arrives.

Either way, yea they replace the whole piece, but it looks all nice and shinney until I get it mudding next weekend that is if it rains ever.

Quick Reply: CV Boot!