alignment after lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alignment after lift

hi, I just finished installing a 3" spindle lift. However when I was done, one tire would be pointing straight ahead, while the other would be almost completely turned inwards. I know you are supposed to get an alignment after installing the lift, but is my situation a little extreme...or just normal? It isnt driveable. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Just adjust the tie rods so it looks close. Then drive slowly to an alignment shop and let them do the rest.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 AM
After just installing my lift recently my truck did the same thing - the passenger tire was pointed pretty much straight down the road but the drivers one was trying to make a left turn by itself!! I couldn't drive it the 20 miles into town to get aligned - so I just cranked out the tie rod end until it looked pretty much straight and it drove fine into town to get aligned.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
x2. Adjust the tie rods so it looks alright and then drive it to a shop. You could even use a tape measure to check the toe-in if you want to be careful. I don't know what the ford spec is, but you always want a little bit of toe-in. Too much or too little=****ed tires.

Quick Reply: alignment after lift